: Note from grampa

mattbruz
01-26-11, 09:09 PM
I was snooping around in the work order copies that I have when the eldo was serviced, I found that the engine was completely resealed @ 79k-80k. Ses light still comes on when car is idling with ac on. Currently have 147k on her. On the back of the work order my grampa wrote "intake air sensor". What would be the symptoms for a faulty sensor like that?

zonie77
01-26-11, 10:19 PM
Look up the code. you can get them from the car without a reader, there are instructions on the top of the Seville/Eldorado forum.

Without the code we have no idea what it is.

mattbruz
01-29-11, 02:01 AM
No code for the sensor was found... However this code is current:

Po30- isc rpm out of range.

This comes on whenever the ac comp is running, car is idling and sometimes when it is not on and idling. Isc?? WTF is this??

Submariner409
01-29-11, 10:32 AM
ISC = Idle Speed Control. That solenoid or motor which, depending on design automatically changes idle speed either with air bleed or mechanically to compensate for engine idle load changes: A/C clutch cycling for one, automatic transmission placed in D for another.

ISC is usually mechanical: a solenoid opens the throttle slightly, while IAC (Idle Air Control) is a solenoid controlled air bleed.

mattbruz
01-29-11, 11:04 AM
ISC = Idle Speed Control. That solenoid or motor which, depending on design automatically changes idle speed either with air bleed or mechanically to compensate for engine idle load changes: A/C clutch cycling for one, automatic transmission placed in D for another.

ISC is usually mechanical: a solenoid opens the throttle slightly, while IAC (Idle Air Control) is a solenoid controlled air bleed.

Soo... Does this mean that I need to replace isc?

RippyPartsDept
01-29-11, 11:30 AM
Probably.... but you should probably make sure first... do you have a FSM to check the troubleshooting steps?

mattbruz
01-29-11, 09:10 PM
I have no clue how to ts isc.

RippyPartsDept
01-29-11, 09:18 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/5715-p030-code-93-sts.html#post50718

#1 result from here (http://www.google.com/#q=p030+site:cadillacforums.com&fp=1)

keep digging and hopefully you'll find some useful info...