Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bought 2006 V with 3,800 miles...

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  CancerJCC 
#1 ·
Just bought my first V-a 2006 Infrared with 3800 miles. Vehicle was owned by an artist in NYC who obviously did not drive it too much. The V was covered and stored in a heated garage for most of it's life so far. I have purchased the UUC shifter and will likely buy the GForce axles because it definetely does wheel hop! The passenger side rear view mirror won't move by the electric switch, but the right side works fine. I bought a used switch on eBay. Does anyone know if the entire switch plate can be removed from the top of the armrest without taking off the whole inner door panel? This would seem to be a much easier way of repairing the problem. Unfortunately the previous owner started using a cheapo car wash about 6 months ago, leaving swirl marks in the otherwise perfect finish. I got most out with a cheap buffer and Meguiars Swirl Remover. Anyone have a favorite buffer? The Porter Cable is on sale on Amazon for $116, which looks like a pretty good deal. Oh, BTW, paid $26K for the V, seemed pretty fair for what is essentially a brand new car.

#5 ·
Oh nice! Congrats and welcome to the club.

#6 ·
Welcome... LS2 FTW! :)

#7 ·
Good deal?!! GOOD DEAL?!!!!!! That's a phenomenal deal!!! "Congrats" doesn't even come close to it!

Congrats! ... as I mutter, where the heck are guys finding these kinds of deals? :worship:

#10 ·
Congrats! ... as I mutter, where the heck are guys finding these kinds of deals? :worship:
I saw this car for sale on eBay about a month ago. It looked like it was in really good condition, but it was my least favorite color combination so I passed on it. I know a lot of guys really like the Infrared, so it would have been a shame for me to buy the color and not like it when many people want it.

#9 ·
#18 ·
You created your user name to be your email. If it was me I would forget this account and register a new one. To many bots roaming the intrawebs to have your email out there like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.