: Bought 2006 V with 3,800 miles...

leosul@verizon.net
01-25-11, 12:48 PM
Just bought my first V-a 2006 Infrared with 3800 miles. Vehicle was owned by an artist in NYC who obviously did not drive it too much. The V was covered and stored in a heated garage for most of it's life so far. I have purchased the UUC shifter and will likely buy the GForce axles because it definetely does wheel hop! The passenger side rear view mirror won't move by the electric switch, but the right side works fine. I bought a used switch on eBay. Does anyone know if the entire switch plate can be removed from the top of the armrest without taking off the whole inner door panel? This would seem to be a much easier way of repairing the problem. Unfortunately the previous owner started using a cheapo car wash about 6 months ago, leaving swirl marks in the otherwise perfect finish. I got most out with a cheap buffer and Meguiars Swirl Remover. Anyone have a favorite buffer? The Porter Cable is on sale on Amazon for $116, which looks like a pretty good deal. Oh, BTW, paid $26K for the V, seemed pretty fair for what is essentially a brand new car.

odla
01-25-11, 01:20 PM
i think thats a good deal.

k61kgsxr
01-25-11, 01:30 PM
ditto :yeah: congrats man

cvettr/cts-v
01-25-11, 02:24 PM
congrats and nice find.

JD03Cobra
01-25-11, 02:53 PM
Oh nice! Congrats and welcome to the club.

Houdini
01-25-11, 03:01 PM
Welcome... LS2 FTW! :)

rand49er
01-25-11, 03:17 PM
Good deal?!! GOOD DEAL?!!!!!! That's a phenomenal deal!!! "Congrats" doesn't even come close to it!

Congrats! ... as I mutter, where the heck are guys finding these kinds of deals? :worship:

repenttokyo
01-25-11, 03:21 PM
porter cable works well, and it's really hard to hurt your paint with it.

CancerJCC
01-25-11, 05:04 PM
Just bought my first V-a 2006 Infrared with 3800 miles. Vehicle was owned by an artist in NYC who obviously did not drive it too much. The V was covered and stored in a heated garage for most of it's life so far. I have purchased the UUC shifter and will likely buy the GForce axles because it definetely does wheel hop! The passenger side rear view mirror won't move by the electric switch, but the right side works fine. I bought a used switch on eBay. Does anyone know if the entire switch plate can be removed from the top of the armrest without taking off the whole inner door panel? This would seem to be a much easier way of repairing the problem. Unfortunately the previous owner started using a cheapo car wash about 6 months ago, leaving swirl marks in the otherwise perfect finish. I got most out with a cheap buffer and Meguiars Swirl Remover. Anyone have a favorite buffer? The Porter Cable is on sale on Amazon for $116, which looks like a pretty good deal. Oh, BTW, paid $26K for the V, seemed pretty fair for what is essentially a brand new car.

First off your S/N sucks! lol

The Porter Cable 7424XP is a really good entry level unit. It is orbital so you would be hard pressed to mess up your paint if you are a novice like myself. Here is a thread I did a bit back that might point you in the right direction. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/201439-diy-beginners-detail.html

Congrats on the purchase and the amazing mileage!

mstrjon32
01-25-11, 08:32 PM
Congrats! ... as I mutter, where the heck are guys finding these kinds of deals? :worship:

I saw this car for sale on eBay about a month ago. It looked like it was in really good condition, but it was my least favorite color combination so I passed on it. I know a lot of guys really like the Infrared, so it would have been a shame for me to buy the color and not like it when many people want it.

CadzillaTN
01-25-11, 08:40 PM
wow... I want one of these low mile Vs.. That is like getting 30 grand off a 1 month old V in 2004. Time Warp... I bet it still smells great.

leosul@verizon.net
01-26-11, 03:12 AM
Good deal?!! GOOD DEAL?!!!!!! That's a phenomenal deal!!! "Congrats" doesn't even come close to it!

I found it on eBay, right around thanksgiving time. I talked the owner into coming out to Connecticut (I live in Mass) and bought it 5 minutes into the test drive. He actually let the auction continue and the bid only hit $24K. Anyone know about taking that switch out of the drivers side door? Thanks for confirming that it was a good deal. Book prices vary wildly on this car 23-32K and I wasn't sure. That was before I discovered this and other CTS-V forums!

leosul@verizon.net
01-26-11, 03:13 AM
wow... I want one of these low mile Vs.. That is like getting 30 grand off a 1 month old V in 2004. Time Warp... I bet it still smells great.

You're right-still smells like new leather!

leosul@verizon.net
01-26-11, 03:16 AM
yup, that was the one...I love red, also have Ducati ST-4 that is, well, you know...

leosul@verizon.net
01-26-11, 03:19 AM
thanks for the link-but the S/N gives the email without asking!

leosul@verizon.net
01-26-11, 03:20 AM
thanks for letting me keep it!

mmayzak
01-26-11, 06:59 AM
Very NICE! What's the interior color... my Infrared has 20,800 miles on it... in my color combination there were 83 of them made (so the sheet I found tells me). Mine is Infrared/Cashmere

CancerJCC
01-26-11, 10:41 AM
thanks for the link-but the S/N gives the email without asking!

You created your user name to be your email. If it was me I would forget this account and register a new one. To many bots roaming the intrawebs to have your email out there like that.