: new to the forum

ctsvdubbz
01-25-11, 01:42 PM
first of all would like to thank the guy who put the note on my car in state college to turn me on to the forum!! 2nd i know the ctsvs have a prob with the motor mounts.. i'm sure alot of people have changed theirs.. can anyone tell me where they got the new urethane mounts??

Lupin
01-25-11, 03:54 PM
Contact luke at Lindsay Cadillac. (<lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com>) He'll set you up, great price too. Also ask him about the LS7 clutch kit for our cars. It's soooo worth it.

rand49er
01-25-11, 04:22 PM
Like Lupin said, Luke is one source for the UUC ones or for OEM ones. I've got the UUCs, but haven't had the need to change my stockers yet.

Others use Creative Steel's mounts.

Welcome!

Castro
01-25-11, 05:42 PM
I went with Creative Steel and no issues with them so far. Central PA is getting more representation on here GO STEELERS!

ctsvdubbz
01-26-11, 01:50 PM
i'm kinda looking for something pretty solid not just a stock replacement.. def want something i'm not gonna have to replace!! been looking on ebay have heard of people doing them.. but theres one other guy with a v in my town.. and hes an older guy and doesnt know anything about the car.. so he wasnt much help. do they have a website i couuld check em out or is ther pretty much just one kind to get to stop the rattles and clunks..??

Castro
01-26-11, 02:17 PM
Creative Steel is a solid polyurethane that aside from reports of a possible bad batch awhile ago seem to hold up very nicely. They don't have a website just google them for the number and call Max. Replacing with stock you'll have the same issues down the road. New mounts should have a noticeable improvement but won't solve all the parade clunk and rattle, there is play in the drive line and after I replaced every bushing and mount available it's still there but reduced quite a bit. Stock clutch/fw is a big part of the problem.

Andringa
01-26-11, 03:33 PM
Welcome, how long have you had the V?

CancerJCC
01-26-11, 04:50 PM
Creative Steel is a solid polyurethane that aside from reports of a possible bad batch awhile ago seem to hold up very nicely. They don't have a website just google them for the number and call Max. Replacing with stock you'll have the same issues down the road. New mounts should have a noticeable improvement but won't solve all the parade clunk and rattle, there is play in the drive line and after I replaced every bushing and mount available it's still there but reduced quite a bit. Stock clutch/fw is a big part of the problem.

Yep. I have all CS mounts (Motor, trans, diff) and with a single piece flywheel there is no clunk.

JDB
01-26-11, 06:22 PM
I went with Creative Steel and no issues with them so far. Central PA is getting more representation on here GO STEELERS!

Where are you? I'm in PA as well... recent V owner... would like to get to know the locals.

and GO STEELERS! :D

rand49er
01-26-11, 10:06 PM
... theres one other guy with a v in my town.. and hes an older guy and doesnt know anything about the car.. so he wasnt much help. ...Hm-m ... sounds vaguely familiar somehow.

RippyPartsDept
01-26-11, 10:30 PM
:welcome:

we need to spread the word more often like this

Castro
01-27-11, 10:10 AM
Where are you? I'm in PA as well... recent V owner... would like to get to know the locals.

and GO STEELERS! :D

I'm in Williamsport, anywhere near you?

JDB
01-27-11, 06:54 PM
I'm in Williamsport, anywhere near you?

not too far away.

are you a member of the http://www.keystonegarageclub.com/ ? I just found them in Dec when trying to find a short shifter and somehow through the links to links found 'em. cost of membership is $20, which is a wash since the Beaver Springs drag owner gives out a $20 voucher for signing up.

Castro
01-28-11, 11:55 AM
I went to Beaver Springs two years ago with some friends to race bikes although I didn't make any runs (no full leather suit). My buddy did his burnout on his fourth or fifth pass and picked up a jaged piece of exhaust in his rear tire that the previous muscle car left behind. He did his run at 130mph before realizing this and his rear tire was completely flat at the exit. Scary day, it was pretty miraculous that he made it without issue. We patched it for the ride home and he apparently forgot and did a nice long wheelie that flattened it again, another patch kit bought at a gas station and we eventually made it back.

ctsvdubbz
02-02-11, 07:46 AM
yea i got my v about 6 months ago.. i was on my bike passed a dealership with a few friends at about 150.. wasnt even looking for a car but saw it turned around and came back n checked it out.. bought it the next day haha.. right now having a few issues hopefully i can get em worked out.. but i love the car and gets alot of attention.. ricers especially that dont know what the car is.. but i plan on gettting some track time this summer.. mostly with my bike but i wanna run the car too.. ever hear of numedia??