: New wipers for 2010 SRX

cadigirlchicago2
01-25-11, 10:51 AM
Has anyone bought new wipers for their SRX? Do you have to buy them from the dealer or can you buy them anywhere? If you know of a model # and a site to buy them please post - mine was smearing and I'm sure the dealer will charge me top dollar for something I can probably switch out myself.

Thanks!

GMJim
01-25-11, 11:09 AM
Search is your friend.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/215439-wiper-blade-noise.html

cadigirlchicago2
01-25-11, 12:12 PM
Thanks! Sorry for the duplicate post, having a case of the "tuesdays!"

2010sled
01-25-11, 05:18 PM
just remember the srx has a new mount,regular mount won't work

jeff618
02-09-11, 05:16 PM
Has anyone bought new wipers for their SRX? Do you have to buy them from the dealer or can you buy them anywhere? If you know of a model # and a site to buy them please post - mine was smearing and I'm sure the dealer will charge me top dollar for something I can probably switch out myself.

Thanks!

Try to go with wiper blade replacements that don't require cheesy, plastic adapters. The trico neoform (https://www.wipers123.com/NeoForm.php) beam blade comes in a version that is specially designed for the caddy srx "push button" wiper arm mount. Its direct connect with no adapters. Quiet, smooth, wipes-clean and fair price.

38Robert
04-01-14, 02:28 PM
I shopped in Walmart, but only one vendor makes wiper blades for 2010 SRX and that is Bosch. I couldn't find anything in the book from RainX, Michelin, or others.

allgm
04-01-14, 03:53 PM
I bought ANCO CONTOUR C-17-OE & C-26-OE same as OEM
I shopped in Walmart, but only one vendor makes wiper blades for 2010 SRX and that is Bosch. I couldn't find anything in the book from RainX, Michelin, or others.

stevec5375
04-01-14, 06:02 PM
After trying several brands of wipers, I just got a pair of Bosch for the front windshield. They don't make any noise and do a great job of clearing the windshield.

btk301
04-02-14, 04:39 PM
The service adviser at Cadillac said the factory blades are "weighted" as to to not skip....Dealer BS or true???? Who's to say? They want $69.00 for the set. One would think that would me covered under maintenance but, not so much...

ronpasquale
04-02-14, 05:15 PM
I have a 2012 Performance model that still had the original blades on that were starting to streak. I bought a pair of Mighty brand blades from a service shop about 5 months ago when I was getting an alignment. I have to say that they are the best wiper blades I have ever used in terms of quietness and wipe quality. The pair installed were under $30 total. Now I need to find something as good for the rear window blade.

stevec5375
04-02-14, 05:18 PM
The service adviser at Cadillac said the factory blades are "weighted" as to to not skip....Dealer BS or true???? Who's to say? They want $69.00 for the set. One would think that would me covered under maintenance but, not so much...

I wouldn't waste my money on the dealer's blades. Get the Bosch at PEP Boys (or whoever carries them in your area). I had problems with noises on my previous blades (even the dealers) and these just work fantastic. I'm curious to see how long they last with our brutal summers.

TRARON
04-02-14, 05:50 PM
Just replaced mine for the first time last week. I searched at several Auto Parts stores and did not like what I saw as they were not of the same design as the factory blades.

Bought these at Rock Auto Parts www.RockAuto.com :
TRICO 2615B
TRICO 1715B
Arrived in a few days and are a perfect fit. I highly recommend them.

ngrigoriev
04-02-14, 06:43 PM
I liked Bosch Icon very much on my previous car. I have just checked - they do not seem to offer Icon (or Evolution) for SRX. Hopefully they will change their mind soon...

jeff618
04-07-14, 08:03 AM

I just punched in the 2010 SRX and you do have options besides Bosch for the special push button arms. They have both direct connect options (no adapters) and options with adapter systems. They have all of the current generation listed (2010-2014), however here is your exact vehicle: https://www.wipers123.com/product_display.php?make=Cadillac&makehid=Cadillac&year=2010&yearhid=2010&model=SRX&modelhid=SRX

stevec5375
04-07-14, 05:31 PM
My Bosch blades had adapters but you can't tell. They're flat to the windshield and no overarching, tacky adapter shows. I wouldn't have it any other way.