: Aftermarket Warranty Work

hhncartjock
01-25-11, 11:22 AM
Well, I posted here on Saturday about a rather large coolant leak in my 2004 V. Had the car towed to the dealership last night and they had a chance to look at it this morning. I have a $250 deductable on the platinum aftermarket warranty I purchased from this dealership when i bought the car from them so just about everything is covered.

Turns out it was the water pump that is leaking. My 2004 V has 68,500 miles on it. I've asked them to inspect the wheel hubs, trans mount and motor mounts. Wheel hubs are the only item that I'm 100% sure will be replaced.

Anything else you guys can think of that could be covered under aftermarket warranty work? It doesnt matter how much work I have done, the most I can pay is the deductable ($250).

Im sure after 68,500 miles theres a few other things that could be replaced. Hoping you guys could help me compile a list of other items to have checked out.

Appreciate the input.

odla
01-25-11, 11:38 AM
bushings, rear end whining,

hhncartjock
01-25-11, 11:54 AM
Yeah I had a feeling someone would bring up the rear end whining. Im the 2nd owner and to the best of my knowledge Im still on the first diff. I had the dealership run the service records before I bought the car and didnt see anything on there regarding the differential. No whine yet, or if it does not enough to annoy me.

Would this be a good time to inquire about shocks/struts?

Houdini
01-25-11, 02:34 PM
You can have them check for leaking oil on the shocks/struts. If you haven't had motor mounts replaced I surprised they lasted that long. How about your shifter? Is there a lot of slop/play in it? If so, it may need new bushings.

CadzillaTN
01-25-11, 10:18 PM
Google this website and the word warranty. Get a pad and paper, start reading, take notes. This topic has been beat to death for 6 years.. lots of good info.

Btw, how did you steer them toward wheel hubs, and if you know, how did they diagnose? Was it all audible or was there a physical inspection process?