: Question regarding radio presets

supernova_inc
01-25-11, 09:14 AM
I have a 05 V with the factory stereo. After my last trip to the dealer for a small service my radio equilzer presets don't seem to stay. It always loads to a "custom" layout between bass, treble, and mid. It is fine for most stations but a few swap the treble and bass to their maximum levels and it is very ignoying. I go into the 'audio" menue while on that station and change the settings back down to normal or even hit eq1 to change them, then I swap stations and go back to the previous station and the audio profile is back to cranked up bass and treble. Does anyone know how I can "save" a profile for a specific station other than how I have been doing it thus far?

Houdini
01-25-11, 09:39 AM
You have to reprogram the memory button for that station again to save any changes to audio settings. Press and hold the button you want to save the channel to. It will beep when programmed.

Andringa
01-25-11, 09:43 AM
I never knew that the audio settings were saved per preset channel. This probably explains some confusion that I have had with audio settings as well. Thanks!

supernova_inc
01-25-11, 09:57 AM
Thank you for the reply!

CancerJCC
01-25-11, 12:32 PM
It is indeed confusing compared to every other car I have owned. I suppose it is nice to have the option but I didn't follow each station had its own EQ for some time as well.

mikemjohnson
01-23-13, 11:44 AM
You have to reprogram the memory button for that station again to save any changes to audio settings. Press and hold the button you want to save the channel to. It will beep when programmed.
answering questions like this so concisely, you are doing god's work son.

this has been killing me on my V. thanks