: Seats swap

supergeess
01-24-11, 07:42 PM
Has anyone swapped out there stock V seats for anything else?

I love the new V2 seats and wouldn't mind trying to make some work. I know they cost an arm and a leg, butthey are 100 time more comfortable and look way better than the V1 seats. I already know about the seatbelt issue also.

I would like to know if anyone has some suggestions on installing them. The seatbelts and electrical can be figured out. Any pics of some already installed aftermarket seats would be helpful.

Dan_Gurney
01-24-11, 08:04 PM
Depends how much money you want to blow... anything can be done for a cost. some sort of seatbelt harness bar/roll cage would be required, but is doable. i have yet to see anything done here on the forums. but please be the first so we can all copy you.

CadzillaTN
01-24-11, 08:08 PM
Never pondered the V2 seats, but I would really like to have the regular black leather interior from the cts in my V.
I see no value in having the swaade. It looks cheap, and 99% of the time it is a nuisance. I like to slide in the seat a little to get a position.. Just a preference from having regular leather for so long..

I guess I should start looking for a good low mile set as they are probably getting rare..

Troy F, you got any leads?..

I bet our seats would sell...Maui, flag down that wanna v next time and tell him you found him an interior!

edit: I guess I good l could just buy the oem covers :thepan:
I bet they are pricey but I'll check anyway.

repenttokyo
01-24-11, 08:30 PM
what's nice about the suede is that it isn't ultra mega cold when you first slide into the seat in the winter.

supergeess
01-24-11, 09:00 PM
Depends how much money you want to blow... anything can be done for a cost. some sort of seatbelt harness bar/roll cage would be required, but is doable. i have yet to see anything done here on the forums. but please be the first so we can all copy you.

I've seen then on ebay for $1000. So I figure that is basically what they go for. I thought that was price, until I looked around for comparable seats, and quickly realized that $1000 is a bargain!

I figure I might spend $1500for seats and everything else needed max. and maybe be the first with functional V2 seats in a v!

Naf
01-25-11, 12:48 AM
be careful...You will run into electric issues...The V1 and V2 have different communivation classes...

Did this excersize with the PCM to ECM swap

mstrjon32
01-25-11, 12:49 AM
Are you talking about the Recaro seats that are optional in the V2, or the standard seats? I hope you're talking Recaro's, because IMO, the stock seats in the V2 are tragically uncomfortable.

If they're the Recaro's, I'd love to see a picture of them installed, if you can get it to work.

supergeess
01-25-11, 01:29 PM
Definitely the Recaros. Wouldn't waste my time on the regular CTS seats.

I have been lookin around and have noticed that a lot of cars came with Recaros. I don't understand why GM didn't put some Recaros on the V1.

If this project proves to be too expensive and too much of a headache, I might just have the stock V1 seats repadded to add some more bolstering and reupholstered.

Lupin
01-25-11, 02:42 PM
I was considering having my seats reupholstered with Kangaroo leather. Its incredibly more comfortable, and three times stronger.

supergeess
01-25-11, 05:06 PM
I was considering having my seats reupholstered with Kangaroo leather. Its incredibly more comfortable, and three times stronger.

Kangaroo leather...Got any links to where I can see this?

TroyFleming
01-25-11, 06:56 PM
Never pondered the V2 seats, but I would really like to have the regular black leather interior from the cts in my V.
I see no value in having the swaade. It looks cheap, and 99% of the time it is a nuisance. I like to slide in the seat a little to get a position.. Just a preference from having regular leather for so long..

I guess I should start looking for a good low mile set as they are probably getting rare..

Troy F, you got any leads?..

I bet our seats would sell...Maui, flag down that wanna v next time and tell him you found him an interior!

edit: I guess I good l could just buy the oem covers :thepan:
I bet they are pricey but I'll check anyway.

The V seats sell within no time on ebay. The question is what price you would accept last pair I sold went for $650 plus shipping. Made the buyer a custom harness to wire into his Jeep Wrangler for an extra price aswell. Personally would say it's best to have your rear seats redone by removing the suede and having them order original GM leather. For Fronts I would not trust many to remove covers properly LKQ has alot of low mile regular CTS cars they got direct from GM.

Dan_Gurney
01-25-11, 09:28 PM
the suede is great for track purposes, it really keeps you in the seats much better then leather... yeah there are the times where you have to reposition yourself on the street that it is annoying, but it has a purpose, and works great for it.

Lupin
01-25-11, 10:37 PM
Kangaroo leather...Got any links to where I can see this?

Many high quality motorcycle suits are made of it. Still looking for a good source, a quick search revealed this source, I'm sure there are cheaper ones, though, as Kangaroo are considered rodents in Australia, huge population of them, it's basically open season on the things.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/braidedkangaroo.html