: Spyker Spyder + Corvette ZR1. Put your deposit down now.

Jesda
01-24-11, 03:12 PM
http://www.0-60mag.com/news/2011/01/cars-spyker-aileron-spyder-to-use-corvette-zr1-engine/

Though they’ve been busy dealing with Saab ownership this past year, it seems the Spyker crew has still found time to shoehorn the ZR1’s 638 horsepower supercharged V8 into their new Aileron sports car. Now that’s multitasking.

http://www.0-60mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cars-0-60-spyker-aileron-spyder-feat.jpg

Anyone up for a group buy? I call dibs on the week of May 1st.

ben.gators
01-24-11, 03:21 PM
That is a hot car! btw, doesn't it look like to a Maserati?

Stingroo
01-24-11, 05:57 PM
Looks like nothing else.

DO. FRIGGIN. WANT.

Spyder
01-25-11, 01:34 AM
It's named after me. That means I get a discount, right?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-25-11, 01:53 AM
Spyker is one of the great, overlooked sports car brands nowadays. I saw one once at a show and loved it. The amount of detailing that goes into even the most minute aspects of the car is completely beyond ridiculous.

greencadillacmatt
01-25-11, 03:13 AM
The amount of detailing that goes into even the most minute aspects of the car is completely beyond ridiculous.

I know! The interiors look like smoking jackets. I want one in black with a red interior, please!

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 10:47 AM
spyker is awesome i love3 them i got to drive on just before winter hit
i know right now if anyone is in the NE ohio area and wants to see a Spyker up close sit it in even test drive when the weather is nice or just around there show room
go to Nother Olmstead auto Collection in the Lotus and Sabb deaelership witch is in the same building they have 2 spykers awesome cars

Florian
01-25-11, 11:00 AM
Pup, do I have to pony up for your spelling lessons? I thought you Beachwood fellas had good schooling.....
The dealership is: North Olmsted Saab/Lotus.
C'mon now, make us North coasters proud!

F

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 11:10 AM
Pup, do I have to pony up for your spelling lessons? I thought you Beachwood fellas had good schooling.....
The dealership is: North Olmsted Saab/Lotus.
C'mon now, make us North coasters proud!

F

Hey Florian i say this to everyone who starts to coment on my spelling most evyerone here knows already about my disabilitys
so please don't make any more rude or mean or not needed coments on my spelling now that you know i have disabilitys in Spelling and reading
you want to know the hole story
Beachwood keeps there freaking grads high for eveyrone so they get more city and federal funding but they dont want to teach so they just pass you along and say he passed
please dont say anyting more about my spelling i would apreciate it and
im sure evyerone here would also since this can get touchy and i can get preaty rude and mean about it at times

thank you

concorso
01-25-11, 06:32 PM
Do you have an actual disability, or did the state simply not teach you? Do you have dysgraphia by chance?

Discriminatory comments are posted here all the time. The term 'retarded' has been used to descibe something negative things over and over again. Any form of retard is a HORRIBLY DEROGATORY TERM if used as a description, unless your talking about engine timing. In fact, its a term used frequently by one of the posters in this thread. Ive been trying for years to get that word out of usage, but most people dont seem to care...possibly because most people dont have anything to do with the physically or mentally handicapped on a daily basis...

Stingroo
01-25-11, 06:40 PM
hmm...

Jesda
01-25-11, 06:48 PM
I stopped donating to the Special Olympics and started donating to local groups instead because the S.O. is hell-bent on changing the language. Political correctness doesn't make life any easier for families that have to deal with disabilities. Its shallow BS.

Ross:
You have to understand that no one is trying to discriminate against your disability, but this is a text-based medium. You're a nice guy, but I can't understand most of what you post. The English language is about rules and conventions that we rely on to share knowledge and information. If you stray from the norm, it comes across as if you're communicating in a foreign language. So, regardless if whether you're suffering from a disability, you have to understand that a lot of people here, myself included, simply cannot understand you.

RippyPartsDept
01-25-11, 07:28 PM
also, a good browser (like chrome or firefox) will have built in spell checking and underline words that it thinks are spelled wrong and give you corrections if you right click on the words. that doesn't help w/ grammar, but it's a start at least

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 08:36 PM
I use Fire fox and also someitmes Google Chrome all it does underline the words that are mispelled doesnt give me anything to help with the actual spelling of the words
i used to yous Internet Explorer and i could use IE Spell Check but IE now doenst wana work good for me at all
and it wont work on fire fox or google chrome for some reason

I have Dyslexia wich is my reading issues and my Spelling disabilitys are more from teachers never wanting to teach me and they would just pass me along and not want to help me
so instead of giving me a D and the schools loose money they did what they did with all students with my problems passed us along with c's and B's
how ever it was a bit to late for me when i was in 10th grade my Dad and Mom finaly Decided they would send me to a Private school for kids with learning disabilitys and the Challenged i also got a 1 on 1 that would work with me during the entire school day that dad paid for
but
all that did was make it easier for me to graduate understand things know what the world is about
and all teach me basic subjects let me decide what field i wanted to go to
but then the problem was still the Spelling and Grammar and Puntuations
I was never able to learn where any things like like periods or antying like that would go in a sentence so thats why alot of my things run threw
sometimes if i can remmebr to i will leave a space and drop a line down so they dont seem to run togehtere but i forget that at times
and ill try to work on it for yall to understand me better
but i just cant do the spelling or puntuations i try and try
and no one has been able to help me with them sucesfully
im sorry that i give alot of you headachs and brain smokes when you try to read what i wright
but the one thing that eritates me is when someone states stupid things like what was posted above that really pists me off now they did not know about my issue and if they had said something like that
whyll they knew about my issue then i would probbly have said something to them that would have got me banned from the sight because ones i get pist off its hard for me to stay calm if you know what im saying
so if anyone can help me with a spell check program that i can understand and figure out how to work on fire fox then please do and atleast that will help with the spelling
but so far only thing that happens is it underlines the words i miss spell but it doenst help me with the spelling it self

thanks

RippyPartsDept
01-25-11, 09:16 PM
pup, right click on the underlined words... at the top of the right click menu will be replacement options

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 09:20 PM
this is just a test pregnancy
ok cool that works i will try to remember that and when i don't have like 400 words to do it with lol

RippyPartsDept
01-25-11, 09:26 PM
this is just a test pregnancy

lmao...

RippyPartsDept
01-25-11, 09:30 PM
oh and definitely stick w/ firefox or chrome... IE is BAD

and back to the original topic... we're a Saab dealer too, but i guess we're not high enough volume or in a big enough city for spyker to bring a car to our showroom ...

and i wonder if the GM engines in spyker cars now was part of the deal for the purchase of saab?

orconn
01-25-11, 09:31 PM
I have known and worked with many people who had dyslexia. Until very recently there was very little understanding of the problem and its' many manifestations. Many people in my generation suffered from dyslexia but were thought to be stupid and unteachable, and unfortunately I am sure there were many suicides brought about by this tragic misunderstanding on the part of teachers and administrators. As late as the the 1980's (and maybe still) elementary teachers had so little knowledge or understanding of this disability that they failed to recognize the problem and find help for students who were afflicted.

As a Cub Scout and Boy Scout leader back in the eighties I had a young fellow in our troop who had not been very successful in school and to be honest had lost so much confidence that he was struggling with his Scouting education. At one point I required the boys to write out the answers to one of their Merit Badge requirements. This young fellows spelling mistakes were so obviously caused by dyslexia that it leaped off the page. Consultation with his parents revealed that his brother suffered from a similar problem, let me mention that if I hadn't seen this boys actual writing I wouldn't have had clue he had a problem; his speech and mental abilities were certainly equal to the other boys and his fellow troop members were way above average in intelligence and academic performance. But up until the point that I discovered his problem it hadn't been noticed or diagnosed by his teachers and the kid was now in the 5th grade. This was not in some poor school either but in an elementary school that ranked as the best public elementary school in Los Angeles. Let me also mention this lad's parents were well educated, his father holding a PHD in Genetics from UCLA.

I recognized dyslexia because one of my best friends growing up had it. She was lucky because her parents searched for the root of her problem and while no cure was available, supported her through her education (which because of having been left back in elementary school) took a lot longer than normal. Eventually she achieved a Master of Fine Arts degree and at age 71 can look back on a successful career as an artist and art teacher.

In business I have run into several very successful people who have also suffered from dyslexia. In several cases these people deferred reading a report or other written communication until after the meeting was over, only to discuss it fully with me the next day. While I won't name names, I will say that the creator and director of the "Smokey And The Bandit" films and many others, Hal Needham, had this problem and it had never been treated, but he learned to cope with by taking a very long time to read something and later after he had achieved a high degree of success by having his administrative assistant read the item to him.

Teachers generally saw dyslexia as mental slowness or stupidity. The fact of the matter is that those afflicted with this disability often posess very high I.Q.s but just have a real problem with reading and writing. If you run across a young person who doesn't seem to be performing academically have him write out some thing for you. If they transpose letters or add letters where they shouldn't be, particularly if there seems to be a pattern to their mistakes it is very likely the child may not be lazy or stupid, but rather is afflicted with dyslexia.

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 09:31 PM
rippy nope lmao it wont spell check that you must be spelling it rong ROFLMAO

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 09:35 PM
oh and definitely stick w/ firefox or chrome... IE is BAD

and back to the original topic... we're a Saab dealer too, but i guess we're not high enough volume or in a big enough city for spyker to bring a car to our showroom ...

and i wonder if the GM engines in spyker cars now was part of the deal for the purchase of saab?

I was at a Audi dealer a few months back with dad he was buying a new A6 for my half brothers wedding gift damn it all why don't i get that shit lol i mean car

i was talking with the dealer and i asked him u know what a spyker is he said yup they are awesome i said yup they are saw one at the lotus saab dealer a few weeks back he said he didn't even know you could by them in the U.S

RippyPartsDept
01-25-11, 09:37 PM
yeah buying saab got them a foothold into the hundreds of dealers in the US - not to mention the rest of the saab dealers worldwide

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 09:55 PM
i was just looking because i was curiouse and its actualy called Spyker of Cleveland so its a Saab Lotus and Spyker dealership 3 in one

Jesda
01-25-11, 10:41 PM
but the one thing that eritates me is when someone states stupid things like what was posted above that really pists me off now they did not know about my issue and if they had said something like that

You're going to have to face the fact that the way you communicate online is very similar to the way an ignorant or lazy person would communicate. I'm sure that you've seen people on this forum who were indeed lazy and ignorant (you can tell by their attitudes) and formed their words and sentences in the same way you do.

Its not your fault that you come across this way, but you're going to have to man up and be less defensive about it. If I didn't know you, I'd simply ignore your posts [which I honestly do sometimes] because they look like piles of gibberish.

On a forum of 100,000 people you cannot simply expect people to magically know that you have a disability. So, get used to it and kindly correct people who misjudge you, or put a note in your user text: "SORRY I HAVE DYSLEXIA"

One of my closest friends, a history teacher, has dyslexia as well, as did one girl I dated. I met him on the debate team, somewhere you wouldn't expect a dyslexic with ADHD to do well. It takes additional care and a concerted effort on your part to clearly communicate with people. Sometimes he has me or his wife look over his letters, resumes, and other important documents just to be sure everything looks okay. But he gets by because he's aware of his problem and makes the effort.

Likewise, you must examine and reexamine your posts if you don't want to be misinterpreted or ignored. Maybe try a speech-to-text program?

I'm trying to help you out here, bro. Take it or leave it.

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 10:44 PM
Jesda i do bring it to others attention when they say something or have a problem with it
and most here already knew it but when someone says it and if i knew they already knew i had a issue that when i get really defensive
but this time i knew the person didn't know so i was nice i think
and i explained it

Jesda
01-25-11, 10:45 PM
Good. See you in Cleveland next time I make it out there.

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 10:50 PM
Good. See you in Cleveland next time I make it out there.

i am going to hold you to that man
also bring along your beagle ours can play together and have fun why'll we go and drink lol

Jesda
01-25-11, 10:53 PM
Sounds good to me. What kind of food is Cleveland known for? Something about big pastrami sandwiches?

ga_etc
01-25-11, 10:56 PM
One of my closest friends, a history teacher, has dyslexia as well, as did one girl I dated. I met him on the debate team, somewhere you wouldn't expect a dyslexic with ADHD to do well.

Speaking of how sentences go together... :histeric:

ThumperPup
01-25-11, 11:04 PM
Sounds good to me. What kind of food is Cleveland known for? Something about big pastrami sandwiches?

i never heard anyone say anything about pastrami sandwiches how ever we got some of he best Corned Beef in town

Jesda
01-25-11, 11:08 PM
Speaking of how sentences go together... :histeric:

Just grab some words and super glue that shit until it sticks :histeric:

ga_etc
01-25-11, 11:12 PM
Sounds like super glue isn't your first choice of sticky mediums.

RippyPartsDept
01-25-11, 11:20 PM
:zing:

Jesda
01-25-11, 11:20 PM
:eek:

ga_etc
01-25-11, 11:24 PM
That isn't a denial...