: Easy Exit Seat

Lev Blekher
01-23-11, 02:38 PM
The easy exit seat button can be pressed two more times after the first automatic movement when the key is removed so that the steering wheel and seat move even further apart. I was wondering if there is a way to tap into the system and set it so that the last position is the default one, since there does not seem to be a way to do it from the DIC.

Superjim
01-23-11, 09:57 PM
The easy exit seat button can be pressed two more times after the first automatic movement when the key is removed so that the steering wheel and seat move even further apart. I was wondering if there is a way to tap into the system and set it so that the last position is the default one, since there does not seem to be a way to do it from the DIC.

I don't know of any way to change the settings for the EASY EXIT button.
If you are the only driver, like I am, program the 2nd memory position to be your exit button.

Jim

Lev Blekher
01-24-11, 04:37 AM
I appreciate your input; however there are two inherent flaws with your idea: The first is that then the easy exit action would not be automatic. The second is that position two is already programmed. It is the seat all the way down and back position, with the wheel up and articulated inward and out of the way. And ya, that position has been used for what it's meant.

rjm
01-24-11, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately Lev, Jim is correct. Starting with MY06, GM cheapened the memory systems. You would think that after all the complaining, GM would've brought back the old system. But it is what it is. Once upon a time, not only could you program the exit position, but the memory system remembered more than just seat, mirror, and wheel position. It used to be the system remembered all your personalized settings, radio presets, climate control settings, lumbar, basically anything that you could customize on the car could be programmed into each memory setting. You could also choose when to recall your memory settings as well.

NOT ANYMORE.

Your only solution is to do the same as many of us and make #1 driving position, and #2 exit. I know its a PIA having to push the buttons constantly, but to get the system to function like it used to, its the only solution you have.

Kenwood
01-24-11, 11:10 AM
Hi Lev,
Thanks for bringing this up again. I'd like to do the same thing. I'm with you, I'm willing to bet that there IS a way to hack into the system and trick it into going to the farthest position. We just need to find the guy who knows how it's done. Any clever Caddy mechanics out there?