: Build Date - small photo attached

Grizz262
01-22-11, 11:06 AM
I searched for build dates, but found nothing specific. Attached is my SRX sticker from the drivers door, (edited without the VIN). Is the number in the upper right hand corner ( it reads: C6/10 ) the build date? if so, what does the letter mean?

RippyPartsDept
01-22-11, 11:18 AM
if you PM me your VIN i can double check for you... i think that might not be the right sticker. is that on the body? or the door edge?
usually the sticker on the door will only have the month and year while i can pull up the exact date

Grizz262
01-22-11, 11:26 AM
The sticker is on the body, and can be seen when you open the drivers door, in the lower right corner of the frame.

RippyPartsDept
01-22-11, 11:32 AM
yeah, that's what i thought... usually it will at least say 'date' by the month/year

is there a sticker on the door edge when you open it up?

Grizz262
01-22-11, 12:28 PM
No, nothing on the door edge, driver side, or passenger side.

RippyPartsDept
01-22-11, 01:31 PM
so, per your VIN you PMd me it is 6/10... that's a new style of sticker.. usually the DOT info for tires etc is on a separate sticker on the body and the door will have the build sticker... but either way i think we got this one solved

Grizz262
01-22-11, 03:45 PM
Thanks Rippy,

I bought the car this past July. Since the Power Steering recall affects cars made in December, I figured I would check. I'm curious though, why they sent me a possible recall notice, if it only affects cars made in December?

RippyPartsDept
01-22-11, 07:41 PM
no problem. it took about 30 seconds once I had your vin

i think that's federal NHTSA thing or something to notify everyone to check with their local dealers to see if they're in the recall (plus they may catch other recalls that may not have been done)

one of those 'better safe than sorry' situations probably