Cadillac Owners Forum banner

V coupe SCCA new pic on the track

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  jeffthenail 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Interesting how the attach points for the wing are on the top. Must be a good reason for it. You'd think supports like that would disrupt the air going over and under the wing.

#7 ·
#10 ·
Won't be in Florida, but I'll be at Long Beach. Good thing I didn't give up my reserved seats this year. I had just about given Indy Car up for dead.

#8 ·
Look like something from Darth Vader

#12 ·
yea its about 2:30 north of me.. we need a FL meet.. and this is the perfect excuse

#13 ·
I would love to go, I will have to start looking into it. I'm not sure if my chain will reach that far though. I am going to the Rolex event in Homestead March 4th already. Have 2 month old son LOL. Two races in one month will be pushing it with Mom, but man would I like to see that car run!

#14 ·
Maybe that back-hoe on the trunk is a universal mount to find the proper position for the wing ding. Then they make a custom one. The auto show version does not have that style mount. It's much smaller.

#16 ·
Man, that is the coolest picture I've ever seen that didn't have a staple in the middle.

#20 ·
Looks like the deck lid slides back and off as opposed to tilting.This may have dictated the unconventional mounts. The mounting arms for the wing are also straight up from the chassis where they attach. Aerodynamicists may be more interested in the flow under than over and those arms wouldn't be too much bother to airflow front to rear.
It will be interesting to find this out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.