Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Winter in Chicago

932 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  KaMaSuTrA 
#1 ·
Hello all.

Unexpectedly, my winter beater died. :(

So I've been using CTS-V. It's a 2005 with around 56,000 miles.

Even with Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, driving it isn't nearly as terrifying as I'd have imagined.

In the middle of winter.

In Chicago.

Amazing.

#2 ·
I live in Chicago too. I have an 05 with 55k on it and I have an extra set of rims with Michelin Alpins and it makes all the difference in the world. You cannot even imagine it until you have driven it. Go to Tire Rack and for about 1000 they can set you up and you can then drive your car all year

#3 ·
I drove with the stock run flats before I got my Blizzak LM-25Vs, it was managable. How about that cold though?

Does anyone elses starter whine a bit upon start up when its really cold? I'm on like my 2nd replacement it it still does the same thing. It's got to be the dual-mass flywheel that's causing it.

#4 ·
Are you sure it is the starter? Or is the whine AFTER it starts? I think that might be the power steering. I haven't driven my car since Christmas though and I'm beginning to wonder if I should have just taken it off the road officially...I'm getting antsy and I never planned to not drive it for this long a period.

#5 ·
Too bad about your DD, but there's one good thing about having to rely on your V in winter. I'm going friggin' stir crazy not driving my car for these last two months. At least you're enjoying yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.