Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Took delivery six years ago today. How many original owners on here?

8K views 156 replies 36 participants last post by  Koooop 
#1 ·
Yup. January 21, 2005, I took delivery of my car with about 54 miles on it and began chiming in on this forum. Since then, I've "chimed" nearly 10k times. Don't hear much from most of those old timers from back then ... LOTS of newbies, now.

Who's an original owner?

#2 ·
Wish I could say I've enjoyed my V that long..... I'm jealous

#3 ·
I bought my 2004 V new in March of 2005 (just before graduating from college), so almost 6 years of ownership. It had about 70 miles on it at that time. I joined up to these forums shortly after and have been here just about every day since joining.

I have about 35,000 awesome, beautiful miles on my V (street, carshows, and road course use) and don't think I will ever be able to trade her off. I really want a C6 Z06, but I won't sell "Midnight Rider" to get one.

Long live the V1!!!

#7 ·
Yeah, I remember coming on having never really been on any forums before. You, CVP, Dreamin, Wldwhl, and so many more guys ... it was fun figuring out the culture on here back then. It's changed, and so far in not a bad way me thinks, just different some how.

So what were they like brand new? Clunkless?
Yeah, I think they were "clunkless" actually ... at least the first several hundred miles or so.

#8 ·
Got my '04 new in April of '04. p.s. Randy, I still need to stop by and let you drive mine with the new transmission :stirpot:

#23 ·
Picked mine up early Dec. 2006 @ Spence Cadillac with ~400 miles on it.
My third son recently turned four years young and we're bumpin' 176K miles.
40K miles - Rear end rebuilt (warranty)
70K miles - Replaced headlights (warranty)
103K miles - Transmission rebuilt (reverse gear) RPM Stage V w/ LS7 FW
165K miles - Replaced original radiator cooling fans (motors), serpentine belt, thermostat and coolant
174K miles - Transmission rebuilt (6th gear), Replaced original shocks, Replaced original motor mounts, Replaced original rear end, Replaced original brake rotors, Installed sixth set of tires, Installed 4th set of windshield wipers
Life long owner.

#25 ·
The car is running fantastic with the recent updated tune. I'm still getting used to the 3.42's in the rear but, Man PLEASE!, does it pull nice and hard. Plus it's nice to actually use first gear. The paint is chipped here and there and the windshield is pretty well pock marked from all the highway driving but the Zaino still makes it look respectable. I seem to have caught up on all the major "maintenance" issues for a little while and I'm just enjoying driving a great car and suprising the occasional challenger.

#27 ·
I remember the early '04 had the oil temp gauge calibrated incorrectly and they would read too hot and the alarm would go off. I tried to have it recalibrated before I left on my 25 state/province, 3 1/2 week trip in August of '04. My local dealer couldn't get it done. I didn't think much of it as we set off.

In Seattle, it was 92 and bumper to bumper traffic set the alarm off for the first time. Well, we still had stays in California and Vegas with a drive through Death Valley so I tried again at a dealer in Oakland, CA. They almost borked it enough to need a new dashboard. Thankfully, that did not happen and it was successfully recalibrated.

That seemed like such a big deal then. I was such a V n00b...

#28 ·
I think I joined the board during the transition from OG posters to next generation, so I have a sense of how things are different. Picked up my thunder gray/light gray int '07 in March 2009 with 230 miles on it. Dealer got it in November 2006 and installed the FG2 (I can never get the code right, but the factory "performance shocks") and apparently it sat in the showroom and eventually on the lot until I stumbled across it (while looking for a G8 GXP). It now has 38,000 miles and it's proven to be a great car. In fact, it's the first car my wife said we can't sell, so I guess that means I can get a V2 without selling the V1?

#30 ·
I got mine on Nov. 25th 2004. I have 120,500 miles on it. Finally the weather broke around these parts and I'm going to change the oil and rear fluids today. Been so long since I've don it I almost forget all the steps. My car is slammed and a jack doesn't fit. Can get interesting, wish me luck. It's nice to see some OV's on here still.

#31 ·
Dang, am I ever tempted to take the cover off today, too. Sunny and dry. Well, except where the snow piles are melting and streaming across the roads.

My old jack didn't fit, so I found a low-profile jack ... clears about 4 inches. How close to the ground are you?

#32 ·
I bought my '05 V in 12/04 from the original owner. 1,400 miles on the clock when I got her and I'm the second owner. Close, but not quite the original owner. I had a few of the original problems, peeling buttons, the sticky clutch, nav stuck in Michigan, radiator... Okay, I had several of the problems, but I still love this car at 65,000 miles!

#34 ·
How sweet is that? You gotta love these cars, 400 HP, luxury, class, rarity, and great gas mileage to boot!

#35 ·
At 65,000 miles I'm most of the way done with my 5th set of tires, they won't make 70k.

#37 ·
I bought my 05 V in October 06. I got it from an eBay auction just as I was leaving for a military deployment. The car was in Boston and my Mom and Dad went flew out from Iowa and picked the car up for me. My Dad arranged for the UUC flywheel and shifter, and Corsa exhaust to be installed in Des Moines while I was out of the country. I along with my 10 year old son flew down from Fairbanks to Minneapolis to pick the car up in April 07. We drove back to Fairbanks in four days. The first time I drove my car I went 880 miles. The second day was 660 then the last two days of the trip were each over 1000 miles each day. Today the car has just less than 30,000 miles.

#38 ·
Original owner here. I bought my 07 in March of 07. 55k miles later still loving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.