: If You've Had Your Tires Rotated.....

sube5186
01-20-11, 03:48 PM
If you've had your tires rotated at the dealer, don't assume they reset the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS). I made that assumption and was dead wrong. They didn't. I don't know if they normally do this and it was just an unintentional omission, or if this is usually left up to the customer to do. If anyone other than the dealer rotated your tires I can guarantee you they didn't do it. Being that the SRX comes with an air compressor, it's a snap to do. It's outlined on page 9-60 of the owner's manual.

Sube

stevec5375
01-20-11, 04:04 PM
If you've had your tires rotated at the dealer, don't assume they reset the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS). I made that assumption and was dead wrong. They didn't. I don't know if they normally do this and it was just an unintentional omission, or if this is usually left up to the customer to do. If anyone other than the dealer rotated your tires I can guarantee you they didn't do it. Being that the SRX comes with an air compressor, it's a snap to do. It's outlined on page 9-60 of the owner's manual.

Sube

I had my tires rotated by the dealer recently and expressly gave them written instructions to reset the TPMS. How can one easily determine if they did it or not?

I also had my oil changed and the goof balls didn't reset the oil system metering which is why I have my doubts they did the TPMS correctly (if at all).

sube5186
01-20-11, 04:44 PM
I had my tires rotated by the dealer recently and expressly gave them written instructions to reset the TPMS. How can one easily determine if they did it or not?

It's pretty easy to do. Check the pressure of all tires. Then, let some air out of one, say around 5 p.s.i. Check the TPMS on the DIC. If it shows the correct tire, you're good to go. If it shows the rear tire instead of the front or vice versa, you know they didn't do it.

You're correct. If they didn't reset the oil life meter, it's a given they didn't do this. Resetting the TPMS is much more involved. Not complicated, just a little more time consuming.

Sube

Willo
01-21-11, 11:56 AM
Add this to resetting the TPMS system yourself....the horn is used to signal certain parameters have been met in the resetting. Keep that in mind as to where you do it and the time of day. May not make for good neighborly activity. Much easier and faster to have the dealer do it with their computer.

sube5186
01-21-11, 01:55 PM
Add this to resetting the TPMS system yourself....the horn is used to signal certain parameters have been met in the resetting. Keep that in mind as to where you do it and the time of day. May not make for good neighborly activity. Much easier and faster to have the dealer do it with their computer.

Good point. I didn't think to mention that because I did mine in my garage in broad daylight. The dealers should do this for you when they rotate your tires. If they didn't, it might be easier and more convenient to do it yourself rather than making a trip back to the dealer, especially if they're 50 miles away.

Sube