: Rear axle

stemp
01-20-11, 02:22 PM
The message board on my srx keeps saying service rear axle anyone else have this problem?

TheCaptain
01-20-11, 03:25 PM
Yes. Mine is doing it too, and more often then it should. Usually after it cold soaks at -15*C or less for more then 1.5 hours...
Dealer is "looking into it".

sube5186
01-20-11, 03:31 PM
I'm assuming you mean the Drivers Information Center (DIC). That would be the little blue screen within the speedometer. There's a filter in the rear axle that may be prematurely clogged. This happened on some of the earlier models. They've since redesigned this filter, thereby correcting the problem.

Your profile doesn't say what year SRX you have, 2010 or 2011. Since they would all be using the newer redesigned filter, this shouldn't be happening to a 2011 model. With a 2010 model it depends on the build date.

Sube

jdub2011
02-02-11, 01:25 AM
I've only had my 2011 SRX for 2 weeks= and the DIC is displaying the "Service Rear Axle" message. Will be taking it in tomorrow to have it checked out. Hopefully it's only a bad filter. Looks as if the new "redesigned" filters may not be any better than the older ones.

TheCaptain
02-02-11, 02:52 PM
Dealer replaced my rear differential clutch control module. It wasn't communicating all the time...

pdxjoeo
03-02-12, 06:38 PM
Service Rear Axle message in DIC

Really frustrated, indulge my rant.... been a Cadillac owner since 1986; my last 2002 DeVille was quite a mechanics dream considering multiple Northstar issues. Now, my 2011 SRX has been to the dealer for 2 weeks to service this problem; During that time, the Service department advised that General Motors is fabricating new filter disks and they should be available "soon". Today was advised that new "disks" have been fabricated and now needs testing b4 shipped to dealers.

Not only do I not have my own car, but if this filter disk problem has been presenting since 2010 as described in multiple posts in this forum and others, General Motors has had plenty of time to engineer a fix. Situation brings into question the integrity of the SRX as well as General Motors ability for remedy.