: DVD Unlock Problems

soundexp
01-20-11, 01:03 PM
Hey Guys.....Although I've seen the DVD unlock threads before and checked them out I never cared because I am not interested in watching DVD's while driving. Now I am going to take a road trip and would like to be able to have the capability (for passengers). I reread the thread that has you press the second from the bottom button adjacent to the screen then the seek button but to no avail. All that happens is it changes chapters. Is it possible that it's a different procedure for an '06 than previous years? Any ideas?

odla
01-20-11, 02:20 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

That has always worked for me. Ive know people with an 06 that it was good for too.

Andringa
01-20-11, 02:33 PM
I reread the thread that has you press the second from the bottom button adjacent to the screen then the seek button but to no avail. All that happens is it changes chapters. Is it possible that it's a different procedure for an '06 than previous years? Any ideas?

Are you holding the first button or just pushing it once? You need to push and hold the 2nd from bottom button and then push the seek button. At least that is how it works for me.

PISNUOFF
01-20-11, 02:43 PM
I push them simultaneously. You have to do it twice in a row for the movie to come back on.

soundexp
01-20-11, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys......I wasn't holding them both down simultaneously. I just tried it and it works fine. My bad...........

odla
01-21-11, 08:01 AM
We know it was your bad. jk lol

Chris0nllyn
01-21-11, 11:11 AM
Make sure the movie is playing when you do it also.