: 2006 dts performance

cadwolf
01-20-11, 08:23 AM
whats up fellow cad owners i had a 2000 eldorado that i just replaced with an 2006 dts performance silver black tuscany interior roof and nav. Wondering if any common problems i should be looking out for the car has every option. the car has 39000 miles.it runs very nice but i feel like it has a slight high spot on the rotors only felt at highway speeds. any input would be grear thanks

Superjim
01-20-11, 08:54 AM
whats up fellow cad owners i had a 2000 eldorado that i just replaced with an 2006 dts performance silver black tuscany interior roof and nav. Wondering if any common problems i should be looking out for the car has every option. the car has 39000 miles.it runs very nice but i feel like it has a slight high spot on the rotors only felt at highway speeds. any input would be grear thanks

About the only "COMMON" problem I have noticed, is the headlight ballasts go bad and the headlight assembly has to be replaced.
It is a fairly expensive repair.

My '06 Performance also has a little vibration in the brakes... but only sometimes.. not all the time.

I have almost 100,000 on mine.

Jim

ltdltc
01-20-11, 09:54 AM
The rear brakes on these cars are well known to have uneven deposits IE. "warp".

Things to watch out for fluid leaks, especially around the rear valve cover. I'm experiencing a coolant crossover leak currently. And while I was under warranty a trans fluid line fitting failed and needed to be replaced.

cadwolf
01-20-11, 10:32 AM
hey guys thanks im going to try and get the dealer to do the brakes being that i just bought it and ddidnt get i inspected yet. i bought it i new jersey i live in new york so maybe they will do the right thing

USSBlackPearlUSMC
01-21-11, 07:23 PM
sometimes mine turns into a 6 story robot and fights other alien robots, but states "its for the betterment of mankind" ...whatever...
My heated seats have issues, and thats about it.