: 2005 CTS-V, 83K miles... $17,500

mmayzak
01-19-11, 06:05 PM
Hello All... I am about to take the plunge...

I may have found a 2005 CTS-V, black, tan interior, chrome factory mag wheels (I think that's an upgrade), $83K miles.

$17,500.

I can get the 24 mo. bumper to bumper warranty from USAA for $2,800 more. (Which I plan to get...).

However, assuming this copy is in VERY CLEAN shape (which it will be likely), what do you think of this price??

Car fax looked fine.

Mike

Andringa
01-19-11, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a pretty good price if it is at a dealer. About average price if it is a private party sale.

You can check prices using nada.com or kbb.com

rand49er
01-19-11, 08:40 PM
Guys here say that Car fax is darn near worthless.

If it indeed is clean (history-wise), that's about the right price for that mileage.

Good luck.

kevm14
01-20-11, 08:42 PM
Let me say this about carfax: the only reason for a clean carfax is so you don't have to have that conversation with the next buyer of the car (and sell for less than market value, regardless of what ACTUALLY happened). Otherwise, who cares what it says. Just drive it and look at it, and you'll know everything you need to.

PORGUY
01-20-11, 09:22 PM
AMEN! carfax is worthles,s I did one on my other car and all kinds of stuff came up that wasn't true. Besides if you wreck a car tear it all to hell, fix it and dont turn it in to the insurance carfax will not have it on record. So its not very accurate.