: Daytime Running Lamps

sube5186
01-19-11, 03:29 PM
Page 4-29 of the manual says the DRL indicator light in the gauges is supposed to light. Mine doesn't and never has. Just discovered this. Am I the only one?

Sube

TheCaptain
01-19-11, 03:49 PM
Nope. Mine never lights up unless the Pipe Lights are on. :D

sube5186
01-19-11, 09:19 PM
Nope. Mine never lights up unless the Pipe Lights are on. :D

Should it though? If not, why do they state it should in the manual?

Hockeytown 1340
01-19-11, 11:32 PM
No indicator light here either

sube5186
01-20-11, 10:08 AM
OK, this is weird. On page 4-29 the fog light indicator is a headlight outline with "dots" in front of it. Page 4-14 shows the entire instrument cluster with all available lights. The fog light indicator is NOT pictured here. Might be one of those things they changed during production and neglected to revise the owner's manual.

The pic of the instrument cluster is not very clear in the 2010 manual. It's much clearer in the 2011 manual (page 5-11).

***UPDATE***

Apparently, final production models were changed from the original design plan. The 2011 owner's manual doesn't even mention a DRL indicator. Maybe they decided it would be too much of a distraction, and rightly so. Not sure I'd want to see that light constantly glowing out the corner of my eye. Then again, they could have changed the color of the light so it wouldn't be distracting.

Sube

xrisus
01-22-11, 01:02 PM
I have an '11 SRX Performance and I have the indicator light show up whenever my DRL are on. I think it is un-necessary info/lighting on the dash, but that is just my opinion.

sube5186
01-22-11, 07:34 PM
I have an '11 SRX Performance and I have the indicator light show up whenever my DRL are on. I think it is un-necessary info/lighting on the dash, but that is just my opinion.

Hmmmm....now I'm beginning to wonder. I'll have to look into this.

Here's one good thing about the indicator light. If one of the DRL burns out the indicator light would probably not light to warn you.

Sube

xrisus
01-23-11, 06:29 PM
That is a very good point, plus if it really bothered me I could just turn the automatic lights off and the indicator light seems to turn off (albeit it kind of defeats the point of automatic lights!)

westham
08-27-13, 03:45 PM
So what was concluded, do the DRL lights show on a telltale on the dash anywhere? Mine is a 2010 and have just added fog lights (which I have a problem with) but I can't recall if there was a DRL telltale on the dash pror to the fog light installation and switch change out or not??

TheCaptain
08-28-13, 08:22 AM
There is no dash indication for DRL.

westham
08-28-13, 01:51 PM
There is no dash indication for DRL.

Thanks for the confirmation, one less thing to worry about.