: Remote Start for a 6 speed CTS-V??

mmayzak
01-19-11, 01:12 PM
Hello All,

I know remote starters pretty much exist for the automatics in the family... but is there any workaround to have remote start for the manuals?

I can park my rig on a flat surface, pull the E-brake and leave it in neutral... I just hate that entire process of freezing my butt off in the cold months.

Help...

Castro
01-19-11, 01:18 PM
In general you can get one to work with a manual transmission I think by grounding it to trick it into a nuetral condition but I have never done it and never heard of it on a V. With this much torque are you sure you want to do that?

V-Guy
01-19-11, 01:35 PM
I have one and I love it. However, I started a thread on this about a month ago - and I think the general consensus here was that I am not awfully bright. ;-)

Check out: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/218610-remote-starter-manual-transmission.html

It's important to note that you can install some models of remote starters so that they won't function unless the e-brake is engaged and/or the car is in neutral. (Realizing, of course, that our e-brakes aren't great.)

talonstylz
01-21-11, 01:28 AM
There is no need to "trick" a starter to think its an automatic, almost every brand of starter is designed to work with a manual or an automatic. They have safety features to prevent it from starting in gear. Just make sure you get a knowledgeable installer not a rookie. I have one on my v. For an installer who knows what they are doing, its actually a really easy car to install one on. I have done quite a few v's myself personally.