: Nav Up or Nav Down - That is the question.

MiCR0C0SM
01-18-11, 09:21 PM
Just wondering.

sube5186
01-18-11, 10:35 PM
Mine varies, depending on my mode. If I'm just listening to the radio, a lot of times I'll leave it down. Just FYI if you hit the "Fav" button the row of Favorites appear at the bottom of the screen even when the display is in the down position. They can still be activated by touch too. Just thought I'd throw that out there because I'm sure some people are not aware of this.

Sube

Hockeytown 1340
01-18-11, 11:08 PM
We like it up at all times so we can see who's playing on XM, not to mention all the up and down's associated when backing up. Wish there was a way to change the background (wallpaper) on the screen.

2010sled
01-19-11, 08:29 AM
nav up

TheCaptain
01-19-11, 11:07 AM
Nav up all the time; Except when at night on the highway for extended periods of time.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/4964794591_8a2d871dea_z.jpg

:D

larryk
01-19-11, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one that thinks they screwed up in the operation of the unit? If I have the Nav down, that means that I don't want to look at it, including the back-up camera. If I have it up, then I want to have the camera operational, I don't want it bouncing up and down like a yo-yo when I put in in reverse...

sube5186
01-19-11, 09:21 PM
Am I the only one that thinks they screwed up in the operation of the unit? If I have the Nav down, that means that I don't want to look at it, including the back-up camera. If I have it up, then I want to have the camera operational, I don't want it bouncing up and down like a yo-yo when I put in in reverse...

I believe you can turn the back-up camera off in the Config Menu. That way, if you leave the Nav screen down it should stay down.

Sube

brs332
01-20-11, 09:41 AM
Down. And love the fact that while nav is enabled I get the 'next turn' information in the center of the speedo. Wish there was a way to disable the nav voice prompts but still get the 'ding ding' before the turns.

larryk
01-20-11, 11:24 AM
I believe you can turn the back-up camera off in the Config Menu. That way, if you leave the Nav screen down it should stay down.

Sube

Except that defeats the purpose...

sube5186
01-20-11, 02:38 PM
Except that defeats the purpose...

Yeah, you have to decide which is more annoying, having an inoperable back-up camera or having the screen raise and lower. Personally, it's a no-brainer for me. Of course that's only if you prefer to leave it down. Leaving it up solves the whole problem.

Sube