: Another new V owner!

magna-v
01-18-11, 09:20 PM
just picked up this 04 w/ 31k on the clock and a maggie112. I am very impressed with this car and thankful that this site is here!!! seems like outstanding people and support for these cars!! now onto the pics.

The camaro is my fiance's car she just bought it too, its a 2010 2ss auto:yawn: lol

Stepside
01-18-11, 09:41 PM
Whaaaat!! . .:nono: no pictures of the fiance?? :annoyed: Geez . . Get outta here . . ya know what i'm takin' bout . . :p

Really, Welcome To The Forum!

:hmm: So, whose faster?

magna-v
01-18-11, 10:36 PM
Well mine is quite a bit quicker. Only because of the maggie of course:cool2: Her car is a 6 speed auto which makes it a bit more tame but is still really powerful, almost too powerful for her if you ask me but hey, how could i argue with being able to drive it anytime i want:devil:

Just a little background on me if anybody cares to read. Im 24 years old, im in the U.S. army. My job is the Infantry and I am stationed in Ft. Lewis WA which oddly enough is an hour south from where i am originally from, lucky me i know!! I have been a GM enthusiast or better yet fanatic all my conscious life. My other vehicles are a 2000 rcsb z71 silverado with a 3200 circle d stall nelsonperformance tune, eaton limited slip, 3.73 gears front and back, ls6 intake thunder performance cheaTR V.3 cam, comp 918 valve springs. I also have a 1990 c1500 stepside chev pickup which has a 1994 corvette LT1 with a comp 306 cam, comp 918 valve springs, ported, polished and gasket matched heads. Clevite tri metal bearings, everything ARP!!! ill post pics as soon as i get my laptop back!!

rand49er
01-19-11, 06:30 AM
Wecome.

Geez, starting out your V ownership having a maggie will be tough to top. You'll either always be disappointed with each subsequent car you own or you'll be seeking out increasingly faster cars in the future of which there are not too many.

Looking forward to your presence on this forum. Thanks for your servcie to the country. :patriot:

V-Guy
01-19-11, 07:55 AM
From one "V" newbie to another - welcome!!! (I just bought mine in October.) I'm a little jealous of the maggie - I've been eye-balling those pretty hard since I bought my car.

I also thank you for your service!! I've never been in the military, but I'm a firearms instructor and I've worked with a lot of guys with military backgrounds - a great group. I've also had some discussions about doing the "military contractor" thing overseas. It sounds like something I'd really like to do.

Again - welcome!!!

Guy

cvettr/cts-v
01-19-11, 10:01 AM
congrats and also thank you for your service. Low miles and maggie best of all worlds.

jcollege
01-19-11, 12:54 PM
Congrats on the new V, and to find one with a Maggie, man I am jealous!!!

magna-v
01-19-11, 03:27 PM
Yeah i figured out i was pretty lucky when i saw this little beauty and the magna charged liscence plate frame, i honestly thought it wasnt until i went to look at it. best of all is the price, i paid 21000 out the door for it and every stock part was in boxes in the trunk!!! v-guy, that contracting overseas stuff is pretty dangerous but on the flip side they have way better funding than we do!!! And yes rand49er this thing is stupid fast!!!!! i would tend to agree with what you said fully!!

magna-v
01-19-11, 03:38 PM
the only thing this car desperately needs is motor mounts and im pretty sure the rear diff is original so thats going to have to go for sure. any recommended mounts? i read about creative steel mounts. i just want to retain the smoothness of it and im not sure how the creative steel ones feel as far as that.

PISNUOFF
01-19-11, 05:36 PM
Congrats.

Randy - What's going on with you? You haven't pushed one of my shifters to a new guy lately. You're slipping. Lol

lucasmartin
01-19-11, 05:51 PM
Congrats on two awesome cars. Thank you for your service and have fun with the V. Black FTW!