: Motor Trend compares full size luxury sedans

Jesda
01-18-11, 12:40 PM
Cliffs: BMW on top, Hyundai on bottom. These were entry-level versions of full size luxury cars.

Porsche Panamera was best to drive.
Lexus had the best sound system.
Lexus had the best comfort.
Audi had the most interesting (but frustrating to use) technology
Mercedes had worst depreciation.
The Mercedes chosen was an S400 hybrid, and the most expensive car in the group.
Hyundai had worst fuel economy.

Noteworthy: Cadillac has nothing in this category.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1103_entry_level_fullsize_luxury_sedan_comparison/pros_and_cons.html

Watch out for the annoying cursor ads on Motor Trend. I ended up viewing the article on my tablet just to get away from it.

Playdrv4me
01-18-11, 04:31 PM
Watch out for the annoying cursor ads on Motor Trend. I ended up viewing the article on my tablet just to get away from it.

What tablet, that Nook thing? Did you get it rooted with the app store?

Jesda
01-18-11, 05:04 PM
Yes. Pain in the ass to root.

77CDV
01-18-11, 10:38 PM
Hyundai had the worst fuel economy. Now that's very interesting.

Playdrv4me
01-19-11, 12:29 AM
Hyundai had the worst fuel economy. Now that's very interesting.

Worst fuel economy AND according to Edmunds the off the line acceleration is not what you'd expect from a premium V8 powered sedan. I would imagine all of that will be remedied when the 4.6 Tau V8 is replaced with the 5.0L next year.

Koooop
01-19-11, 12:48 AM
The Panamera has been silently calling me.

Stingroo
01-19-11, 05:53 PM
The Panamera looks like anus.

Jesda
01-19-11, 06:04 PM
It looks like it came out of one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-19-11, 10:27 PM
The Panamera is an odd looking car, but I'd totally rock one. I sat in one once and loved the interior.

Jesda
01-19-11, 10:58 PM
I do love the Porsche interior smell. When I was shopping around for Boxsters back in the summer the scent was intoxicating. Hopefully the Panamera retains that trait.

Stingroo
01-19-11, 10:59 PM
Smells like... crack.

Koooop
01-20-11, 12:56 AM
The Panamera looks like anus.

Go drive a Turbo.

If they won't let your punk ass drive one, go sit in one and you'll get a stiffy. You will no longer give a Rats Ass what it looks like.

BTW, Porsche does have a very cool Orange.

orconn
01-20-11, 01:08 AM
For some odd reason, I rather like the Panamera myself. The only other Porsche I ever really like was the 928. If nothing else, at least the Panamera looks different and in the current world of look alike sedans that in itself makes looking worthwhile!

Stingroo
01-20-11, 01:28 AM
lol Koooop, I can assure you they'd never let me drive one, but I'm okay with that.

Playdrv4me
01-20-11, 01:41 AM
Strangely, I find that a lot of people are in the "it's growing on me" camp when it comes to the Panamera. I on the other hand remain unconvinced, though I'm sure it's a blast to drive.

Stingroo
01-20-11, 01:45 AM
Strangely, I find that a lot of people are in the "it's growing on me" camp when it comes to the Panamera. I on the other hand remain unconvinced, though I'm sure it's a blast to drive.

Agreed. It's still ugly. If I wanted a 911 with four doors... well, I'd come to my senses and realize they only need two.

Koooop
01-20-11, 09:13 PM
lol Koooop, I can assure you they'd never let me drive one, but I'm okay with that.

That car is sooooooo nice inside! It's fast, it handles, it looks like a giant Prius...

Okay, the Prius thing is a strike against.

Go sit in one, try not to get slobber on the leather.