: Service Difference

qball
01-16-11, 12:12 PM
I'd love to hear about the service experience for those who bought their SRX at stand alone Cadillac dealer. We purchased our SRX at a Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer. They make a lot of promises on the sales floor, but on the other side of the wall, we feel like we are treated no different than if we had bought a Cobalt instead of a luxury car. There are a lot of nice luxury SUV's on the market..service can make the huge difference...not feeling the love.

stevec5375
01-16-11, 12:49 PM
I bought my SRX at a stand alone Caddy dealership in Austin, TX. When I drive up to the service area it is multi-laned and covered with outdoor propane heaters with someone running out to greet you. Nearby is the indoor lobby with fresh coffee and bottled water (and donuts in the mornings). There is an enclosed waiting area with leather couches/chairs, TV and magazines plus WiFi access. The service adviser comes in and speaks to you personally inquiring what you need to have done. I always hand them a printed document with the list of items I want performed. This makes it easier for both of us as nothing gets forgotten. Unless the work is quick, I always am given a loaner which is another Caddy. My only complaint is that some of the warranty items I wanted done required me to do the research since they claimed they had never run into the problem before even though there were numerous people on this forum who had already had it addressed.

Overall, they try to make me feel welcome and bend over backwards to make me happy.

birolziggi
01-16-11, 09:43 PM
oh yes service makes a huge difference.right now i own two caddys,one cts and one srx. i love the cadillac dealership.nothing compares to caddy dealers,excellent service, luxurius look of the building. my previous cars were chevys and i hated the dealership. i had to fight over and over again to make things right .

TheCaptain
01-17-11, 12:42 PM
I bought mine and get it serviced at a Full Line GM dealer, and they treat me like Royalty! I am very impressed with their service and ability to cover all the bases!
They even installed my aftermarket Chrome Grill for free! :D

Ponyman
01-17-11, 02:36 PM
Bought ours at a full line dealer also. The Cadillacs do have their own two bay indoor heated and cooled drop off area and their own waiting room.

cfp40
01-21-11, 11:18 PM
Purchased at a Cadillac/Buick/GMC Dealership. Nothing fancy or special during the purchase experience and the service dept treats you no different than if you are driving an old Sierra pick up truck. What an eye opener after changing over from a Lincoln/Mercury dealership. Just not seeing anything special for the "Cadillac Experience".

sube5186
01-21-11, 11:50 PM
Purchased at a Cadillac/Buick/GMC Dealership. Nothing fancy or special during the purchase experience and the service dept treats you no different than if you are driving an old Sierra pick up truck. What an eye opener after changing over from a Lincoln/Mercury dealership. Just not seeing anything special for the "Cadillac Experience".

It seems like the stand alone Cadillac dealers go that extra step to satisfy their customers because they know they expect that. Not saying a multi-brand dealer can't do the same. Just saying you have a better chance of getting first rate service at a Caddy dealer.

Check out www.dealerrater.com to see how your dealer stacks up against the competition.

Sube

Ponyman
01-22-11, 08:25 AM
Mine is a full line dealer, but they seem to make an effort to keep the Cadillac brand to itself. It has it's own seperate showroom and sales staff. Also has the two lane heated and cooled drop off area, seperate waiting room, and two service advisors commited directly to Cadillac vehicles.

pastohio
01-22-11, 10:52 AM
Called a Cadillac dealer when I got the Recall Notice in the mail, and also wanted an oil change as well. Waited for several days for them to have the part in hand and made the appointment. Arrived 20 minutes early for my appointment at a Dealer in Naples, Fl, service writer said about two hours and they gave me a free ride up about 2 blocks for me to meet others for lunch, after about 2 hours I called and it took about 1/2 hour to find a driver to get me, if I had known I would have walked back....when I got there I asked how my car was going, they said they did the oil change but can't find my "Recall part"....I asked him did they search in the parts dept. not only with my name but my VIN number ?? Why didn't they call me and let me know ?? After 10 minutes the writer said we found it but now we have to wait about 1/2 hour to let the engine cooldown to put on the part...per the specs...after another 1 & 1/2 hours the writer said it was done, the car came out with grease handprints on the hood, on the drivers pillar, and on the door handle....when I got the service writer again, he said it wasn't his fault and he couldn't apologize for something which wasn't his responsibility, I then asked for the service manager, they paged him and after 10 minutes he showed up, I asked that we go to his office or another area, I don't like to cause a scene in front of other customers...when we got to his office, he asked me what happened...and he sort of chuckled and said that he couldn't apologize because it sounds like the parts dept. was at fault....I asked him in the word "team" there is no "I" that the dealership is a team....I felt that my complaint was falling on deaf ears, so I paid my overpriced bill for the oil change and left and had spent close to 5 hours for a 2 hour service issue, looks like they don't respect my time or patience....this was Devoe in Naples....

sube5186
01-22-11, 06:52 PM
I felt that my complaint was falling on deaf ears, so I paid my overpriced bill for the oil change and left and had spent close to 5 hours for a 2 hour service issue, looks like they don't respect my time or patience....this was Devoe in Naples....

Their rating on the below website reflects this kind of poor service. They got a 1.2 out of a possible 5. To warn potential customers, you should also rate them based on your experience. Why should they be rewarded for poor service?

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/DeVoe-Cadillac-review-4138/

Sube

RippyPartsDept
01-22-11, 07:19 PM
a letter to the general manager and/or owner(s) of the dealership will sometimes help (maybe not you personally but others in the future going to that dealership might be met by a different 'team' if enough people complain to the higher ups)
... you might think it's a waste of time, but if nobody takes the time to let the appropriate people know about the failures then nothing will happen

birolziggi
01-23-11, 06:36 PM
the chevy dealer i bought 2 cars in the past charges even money for the coffee u get.cadillac dealers have their big kuerig coffee machines with a big variety of coffees ,a bigscreen hd tv and wireless internet and all that is for free,what a differrence

Smokin' SRX
01-24-11, 11:10 AM
My friend owns a Caddy/Chevy dealership in NY. Has good people and makes an effort to "train" his service people to treat Caddy folks a bit better. They give a free car wash w/ every service for Caddy folks. He tells me straight (know him for 17 years) that Caddy folk are FAR more likely to say "do it" when the Service adviser says "your 15K mile service for $235 is due". Likewise the 30K service at around $400. Plus mark-ups are better on Caddys than Chevys, in general.

Service area is same for all makes and waiting room is teriffic for all, with every amenity. It is 17' X 40' with couches, 2 computers, wiFi, coffee/hot coca, frig with soda, cakes, clean restrooms. My friends Acura Dealer shocked me w/ a waiting area of only about 150 square feet!

Having said that, an exclusive Caddy dealer 30 miles away has the heated drive up area, etc as described. Everyone seems like they have a Caddy PHD. LOL Very "high roller" area.......... I'm sure the prices reflect it, but I for one would pay a LITTLE bit more for the Premium Treatment :-)

SS