: Moron in DTS

billdaman
01-15-11, 02:56 PM
Moron in DTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbpHEEIjUV4

Superjim
01-15-11, 03:11 PM
He is an idiot...
What was the point??? It makes no sense at all.

Jim

c5 rv
01-15-11, 03:20 PM
I guess he doesn't realize that if you want to do donuts in a FWD car you have to drive in reverse.

ffrog
01-15-11, 05:14 PM
That is one reason I have against purchasing used.

Maybe he thinks it is a V.

HartfordGuy
01-15-11, 06:42 PM
Well, in the cars defence, he's still be a moron in any car he did that too.

Too bad he didn't smack that building hard and have to explain to the rental agency how he had an accident with no police report. I used to work for a major rental company back in the mid 1980s. What most people don't know is the collision damage waiver you buy is voided for many reasons, such as misuse of a car. Then your own car insurance kicks in and your insurance company pays the claim. Guess who's premium goes up after that? The Morons.

tedcmiller
01-15-11, 09:20 PM
Some people put V emblems on their DTS. I guess they do that because it makes them feel like they have something they really don't.

Superjim
01-15-11, 11:46 PM
If I had a "REAL" V... I would take the "V" emblems off.
Make it more of a sleeper without the emblems.

Jim

HartfordGuy
01-16-11, 06:19 AM
If I had a "REAL" V... I would take the "V" emblems off.
Make it more of a sleeper without the emblems.

Jim

Excellent point Jim.

Instead they add more ground effects and air scoops than a teenager with a Honda Civic. I'm surprized the real V drivers don't have those coffee can sized tail pipes.

Back in the day any self respecting hot rodder in a Detroit roller had the biggest V8 under the hood of a stock sedan. No need to have the local Police look twice as you rumble by.

:stirpot:

TulsaVic
01-16-11, 08:36 AM
Did I just slip into the Twilight Zone?? Seems to me all y'all were dumping on Ted and in favor of the "we need to V" guy. Now you're sounding like my comment where stealth is sooo much more rewarding. Some of the posts were so, ah, aggressive that I thought for awhile I was mistakenly reading the CTS forum..... Nice to see some sanity returning. What was that one DTS commercial? Welcome to the world of gentlemen, gentlemen.....

Superjim
01-16-11, 09:30 AM
Did I just slip into the Twilight Zone?? Seems to me all y'all were dumping on Ted and in favor of the "we need to V" guy. Now you're sounding like my comment where stealth is sooo much more rewarding. Some of the posts were so, ah, aggressive that I thought for awhile I was mistakenly reading the CTS forum..... Nice to see some sanity returning. What was that one DTS commercial?
Welcome to the world of gentlemen, gentlemen.....

Morning TulsaVic,

I try to be that way... :) :)

I am mostly in favor of ANYONE doing whatever they want to do to THEIR OWN CAR... as long as it is not dangerous to other people.

I am strongly in favor of making it perform as well as it is able.

I am NOT in favor of being told I am a stupid dumb a$$ for wanting to make a DTS run better then when it came from the factory and that if you changed anything on it you were a stupid cretin and had RICERS for parents.

Anyway...hopefully that is all done with.

Texas Jim

Leo George Jr
01-16-11, 01:35 PM
I agree with Jim, your car, your choices!

tedcmiller
01-16-11, 03:38 PM
On one hand the same guy who recommends removing the "V" emblems from a real V car, puts them on a DTS - which is not and never will be a real V. Once again, I am done with this thread and will not look at again.

Superjim
01-16-11, 04:18 PM
Hey Ted....
If that was directed at me...
I wish someone would show me where I "EVER" said I would put V emblems on my car.

I don't have "V" emblems...never have...never will.

I have said that anyone should be allowed to do whatever they want to to their own car.

I even took the GM "CHICLETS" off of my front fenders.
I am not a fan of emblems. No matter "WHAT" they are...
and Yes, if I get a "V" later...(Darling Wife has already told me too)... one of the first things I will do is probably take the "V" emblems off of it.

Jim

HartfordGuy
01-16-11, 07:23 PM
On one hand the same guy who recommends removing the "V" emblems from a real V car, puts them on a DTS - which is not and never will be a real V. Once again, I am done with this thread and will not look at again.

Promises promises. :~blah:

HartfordGuy
01-16-11, 07:47 PM
I think Ted missed the point. Jim gets it. People can and will do things to customize their cars. We all won't agree with them, but its their car, not ours.

I see some add-ons I like and some that I don't. But i'm not going to slam someone for their personal taste. The V-emblems on a DTS are funny to me. It tells me that the owner has a sense of humor.

Life is short. Smiles are contagious. I drive a Cadillac as it makes me happy. When people ask me why I bought one? I tell them because I can. Because I like the smooth ride, and the way it makes me smile everytime I look out the window and see it in my driveway. Not alot of cars do that for people.

HartfordGuy
01-16-11, 07:58 PM
Excellent point Jim.

Instead they add more ground effects and air scoops than a teenager with a Honda Civic. I'm surprized the real V drivers don't have those coffee can sized tail pipes.

Back in the day any self respecting hot rodder in a Detroit roller had the biggest V8 under the hood of a stock sedan. No need to have the local Police look twice as you rumble by.

Bait set and taken. That was too easy. :eyebrow:

Superjim
01-16-11, 08:12 PM
I think Ted missed the point. Jim gets it. People can and will do things to customize their cars. We all won't agree with them, but its their car, not ours.

I see some add-ons I like and some that I don't. But i'm not going to slam someone for their personal taste. The V-emblems on a DTS are funny to me. It tells me that the owner has a sense of humor.

Life is short. Smiles are contagious. I drive a Cadillac as it makes me happy. When people ask me why I bought one? I tell them because I can. Because I like the smooth ride, and the way it makes me smile every time I look out the window and see it in my driveway.
Not a lot of cars do that for people.

Glad I am not the only one that feels that way.
I can't look at it in the garage without smiling.

Jim

ltdltc
01-17-11, 01:49 PM
They are doing the donuts wrong. E-brake on turn wheel to lock and floor the gas.

BlackRavenDTS
01-17-11, 10:39 PM

Life is short. Smiles are contagious. I drive a Cadillac as it makes me happy. When people ask me why I bought one? I tell them because I can. Because I like the smooth ride, and the way it makes me smile everytime I look out the window and see it in my driveway. Not alot of cars do that for people.

I am The same way.... every time i look out my window at home and at work i LOOOOOOVE seeing my DTS :)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0031.jpg

BlackRavenDTS
01-17-11, 10:43 PM
I am The same way.... every time i look out my window at home and at work i LOOOOOOVE seeing my DTS :)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0031.jpg

Me and My Father Getting ready to go to Germany!!!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/DSC03368.jpg

HartfordGuy
01-18-11, 06:37 AM
Hey BlackRaven. I'm not sure if I am more envious of your chrome rims or the fact you have a green lawn and mine is under two feet of snow. :)

BlackRavenDTS
01-18-11, 07:47 AM
Hey BlackRaven. I'm not sure if I am more envious of your chrome rims or the fact you have a green lawn and mine is under two feet of snow. :)

Oh I'm covered in snow too now. This photo does not do justice but I'm covered in 3ft. I live in MA

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0020.jpg

BlackRavenDTS
01-18-11, 07:58 AM
That photo of us was back in November. I may have forgotten to mention that detail. Lol, I just posted it because my caddy was in the driveway.

USSBlackPearlUSMC
01-18-11, 09:40 PM
I actually want to V mine, not just badge it....I want the performance of the V in the DTS, but yes, I am that DTS guy. Sadly, orders came in today and we are leaving 30 days earlier than planned.

As for the sleeper image-love it. We had a 66 Caprice with a 427 4spd-debadge the entire car and put on the Corvette rayles with black letter radials. Loved the sleeper looks. It was a very nice example of sleeper, because it was a Caprice, not an Impala.

RippyPartsDept
01-18-11, 10:02 PM
don't make me grab the DTS-V572 video off youtube again!

look what you made me do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lM5SdMVlc

now i wonder why they don't have V-badges on this one... it surely has the power!

USSBlackPearlUSMC
01-21-11, 07:19 PM
I bet you wont do it THREE times :)

That car reminds me of Gov. Arnold, so tough and bad, but well dressed in a nice suit.

Lev Blekher
01-22-11, 03:46 PM
I remember seeing this vid on youtube several years ago. I will say cars with foot brakes are harder to mess around with than cars with hand brakes. I only do it on gravel or snow in wide open areas. Rarely in my cars though; I'm a rental maniac just like in the video.