: Several cuts later

xxunknownxx
01-15-11, 09:30 AM
I changed the plugs on a 94 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4.9l. Didnt remove a thing. I had no swivel sockets no nothing. Just a Duralast ratchet and magnetic spark plug socket.

My arms and hands hurt :(

Jesda
01-15-11, 09:54 AM
But it hurts so good

Rolex
01-15-11, 03:44 PM
The satisfaction of a job well done that you did yourself.......and the bloody knuckles. Nice work. :cheers:

xxunknownxx
01-15-11, 06:18 PM
Feels great. But the weird thing is, it had Champion plugs in it for less than a mile. Its my friends car and he installed Champion plugs and had no clue why the car was misfiring. Then we went out and bought AC Delco. Installed them and it was like night and day. I always thought brand name didnt matter. The parts guy probably gave us the wrong plugs at first. Hell I dunno.

ben.gators
01-15-11, 06:30 PM
^
Yeah, Cadillacs, specially N*, doesn't like any other plug than AC Delco...

Aron9000
01-15-11, 06:43 PM
I've never understood why people would cheap out on sparkplugs. Its such a PITA to do on most v6 and v8 motors, you really don't want to do it again.

Also, nothing can be worse than the #8 plug on an LS1 in a fbody. That's the one all the way in the back on the passenger side that has about 2" of clereance from the heater box and is way under the cowl.

xxunknownxx
01-15-11, 08:00 PM
^
Yeah, Cadillacs, specially N*, doesn't like any other plug than AC Delco...
Heheh Live and learn. :shhh: Dont tell nobody about the Champion plugs.

I've never understood why people would cheap out on sparkplugs. Its such a PITA to do on most v6 and v8 motors, you really don't want to do it again.

Also, nothing can be worse than the #8 plug on an LS1 in a fbody. That's the one all the way in the back on the passenger side that has about 2" of clereance from the heater box and is way under the cowl.In my Chevy Malibu 3.1 I use only AC Delco Rapidfire plugs. I have used Autolite in my malibu before. They worked fine but I always had a slight vibration at idle. Then I switched to AC Delco at my next tune up and I noticed that when the car idled you could barely feel it. At the point I just thought Autolites just had a crappy manufacturing process. Could be...I guess cheap isnt always the best.

I would only do LS1 plugs if someone agreed to pay me a million bucks