: Valley Hot Rodders 2011 Street Party TANUNDA South Oz

albymangled
01-15-11, 09:16 AM
G'day one and all....took the missus and grandson number 4 (Davo...thats the lil bloke on the left with the toy camera in the first pic) to the 2011 Valley Rodder's Street Party tonight.

Dave has been hanging around car shows since before he could walk....(he is three in April)...

Held in the main street of Tanunda in the Barossa Valley (about 25 minutes leisurely cruise up the road from chez Alby) which is one of SA's premier tourist destinations, the show (part of a larger three day event put on by the club) is in it's 19th year...

I might add these are registered drive in cars....can't handle trailer queens and show ponies meself....

I'm feeling lazy so I've just loaded the pics as a slideshow and kept them to just Caddies (there is a great variety of cars but I think most here are probably only interested in the one brand....

anyhow....have a squizz.....

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/albymangled/valley%20rodders%202011/?albumview=slideshow

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/albymangled/valley%20rodders%202011/DSC_5024.jpg

deVille33
01-15-11, 09:54 AM
I notice all these cars are left hand drive. I was under the impression car registered in Australia had to right hand drive.

albymangled
01-15-11, 10:11 AM
In South Australia cars over thirty years age are eligible for LHD registration provided they meet certain conditions....

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/light_vehicles_pdfs/AutomotiveInstruction70.pdf

some of which are complete and utter BS....

some of us, however are determined to drive LHD... ;)

outsider
01-15-11, 10:21 AM
thanks for those awesome pics! glad to see you're starting the little guy off at a young age! Those were some of the nicest caddies I've ever seen. Unfortunately most times people show "classic" cars in america they are all butchered and "custom" but these all look classy and classic.

csbuckn
01-15-11, 12:21 PM
That was pretty impressive. Love the 59s.

77CDV
01-15-11, 11:48 PM
Outstanding pics! I have a serious case of want with that burgundy 55 coupe.

Glad you're well clear of the flooding. Your grandson is adorable btw.

Robin Banx
01-17-11, 11:14 PM
Thanks for posting the photos of the Club event. Beautiful display of Cadillacs in Tanunda. Many years ago, I drank my way through the wonderful Barossa Valley. I can still recall Gramps Orlando Barossa Cabernet and what a fine drop it was. I am one lottery win away from loading up our 83 FWB on a boat and touring Oz for a year or so. However I have a bit of work to do before my FWB will be fit to keep company with all the fine Cads in S.A.

Cheers...........R.

cadillac kevin
01-18-11, 12:15 AM
what a bunch of cool old caddies. I really cant pick a favorite, they're all caddies. ;)
some of those left hand driver regulations seem a bit ridiculous though. no drivetrain upgrades, no 2 piece seatbelts, child restraints on newer classic cars? a bit excessive IMO
btw, what happens to the lhd cars that are under 30 years old? is it illegal to drive them?

albymangled
01-18-11, 08:11 AM
LHD cars under 30 years are not able to be registered in SA...

There is an 87 Camaro in my back yard that isn't looking like doing much for a few years yet... :(

Stingroo
01-19-11, 11:18 PM
That's awesome! Good to see your grandson getting into the hobby at such a young age. :thumbsup:

I find it funny - you want to drive a LHD car, I'd kill for a RHD one. Swap? :lol: