: 2007 tranny slipping

taurus29
01-14-11, 02:56 PM
just bought this 07 and few days later the tranny start slipping, after diagnosed with a computer a code came saying that trans oil was old or something, after a flush my mechanic found some plastic all thrashed over the pan, a day later tranny in the morning make sound in drive, similar to when u go in reverse another day after tranny started slipping bad if the engine was reved little,
car has 126k miles apparently not on warranty, any choice that I can check b4 rebuilding the tranny? so far a got a deal from someone of 1300 all total including rebuilt installation all inclusive.
Before this car I had a deville 03 which I put 260k miles and never had a problem with engine and tranny, this new car took me by surprise wasn't expecting this problem. I'll apreciate any input.
Thanks

cadwolf
01-20-11, 10:38 AM
depends how it was driven these units r pretty solid 1300 seems like a goood rebuild price just make sure u get the 1 yr warranty

Jesda
01-20-11, 10:49 AM
This is an unusually early transmission failure, but 1300 is very reasonable. Sorry to hear.

ltdltc
01-20-11, 10:59 AM
The 4T80E is a pretty stout transmission. If you are privy to the codes that you had post them here. P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circ Performance or Stuck Off is the most common but that doesn't lead to catastrophic failure.