: Dateline

majax
09-25-04, 11:28 PM
I wasn't able to watch fridays episode of dateline(forgot) but my mom was tellin me how it was about this Woman who worked for dateline joined some chatroom thing or forum and said she was a 13 year old girl. Well the guys on the sight sent her dirty photos and what not. Finally she said if you want to meet me go to so and so place, well 18 guys showed up(they all looked like normal everyday dudes) they were there to get some of that 13 year old. Well it was all a set-up to see what would happen and I guess the guys got arrested and thier faces were on national tv. Kinda made me wonder about this place, though I do in a way know most of you guys pretty well.

I kinda wonder about Ralph

;) j/k

c5 rv
09-26-04, 04:55 AM
With all the press these internet stings get, it amazes me that pervs continue to do this.

ben72227
09-26-04, 12:22 PM
Where I live (Little Rock, AR), the North Little Rock police department is really big on "cybercrime" (they have a reputation for nailing perverts) and they have their own department for it. I think thats all that they do really (the detectives anyways) they let the LRPD handle drug problems and North Little Rock handle sex offenders...Its amazing how they lure people from as far away as Florida to come have sex with "13 year olds" :cookoo:

juiceE
09-27-04, 12:58 PM
have u guys ever been to Tijuana?

T_Dogg8
09-27-04, 02:05 PM
yeah, i know what you mean. it's on the news all the time, yet people still do it. you'd think that would deter them.

Elvis
09-27-04, 02:09 PM
I heard about this on the news the other night. By law we have a right to know where the sex offenders live. Now there's a national registry.

http://www.sexcriminals.com/registration-notification/

majax
09-27-04, 07:20 PM
yeah they started doing that like a year ago.

Ralph
09-28-04, 01:53 AM
I kinda wonder about Ralph

But, Nattys 30, and I swear haven't touched her??(in a high pitched Michael Jackson voice) :lildevil:

In my Province the age or consent is 14! Isn't that a bit odd? How old is it where you live?

T_Dogg8
09-28-04, 08:00 AM
where i'm at it's something weird like, 16 as long as the other person is 20 or under, 17 as long as the person is like 30 or under, and 18 unlimited. that was told to me by a friend who is a cop, but i read somewhere else that it was 16 for everyone.

daacon
09-28-04, 08:25 AM
In my Province the age or consent is 14! Isn't that a bit odd? How old is it where you live?

The "offical" age of consent may well be 14 here to - but as a fairly large dad of a 15 year old daughter - the "age" of aluminium baseball bat is unlimited in my books - albiet I may need some "legal assistance" if I swing for the fences :sneaky:

Even if I may be looking up to a few of high school kids ......I have expereince and a way more psyco look :lildevil:

Pedophiles make a good case to re-instate castration IMHO.

majax
09-28-04, 09:03 AM
It's either in Idaho or Oregone that you just have to have like a age difference no more than like 10(or less) years if they are under 18 for it to be considered rape. But pretty much throughout the U.S. and Idaho I think its 16 or 18.

My dad had one client who did this like 17 year old girl about 2 months away from her 18th birthday and the guy was like 19 and he got a few years in prison for rape cause she was under 18 and he was over 18. Thats the state of Washington.

you're really gettin some good natasha pictures there ralph :p

T_Dogg8
09-28-04, 10:05 AM
that's why i think a sliding age is best. if it's strictly 18, you technically could be one day older than the other person and be treated the same as if you're 20 years older and 'forcing' the girl.

Ralph
09-28-04, 02:20 PM
What really angers me is that around the corner from my home there is a half-way house. I don't know whose bright idea it was to incorporate these places right in a city with a playground nearby!! (integration into society and all that crap) That's not all, I used to go for coffee with a buddy at this little cafe and there was the nicest girl (18-20) working there. She eventually never showed up for work anymore. So we asked and it turned out that she lived right across the street from this half-way house and was raped by one of the "inmates." What they did was learn her schedule like when she came home, when she left, etc. Apparently she never locked her door immediately when she came home that day! She moved to Alberta and there was only a little two sentence mention of it in the newspaper!

I think penology and corrections is handled differently in the States, like warning the public about these sorts of things! I know that occasionally on our local news they warn people about an occasional pedophile, but other things deserve warning also IMO!

This thread also makes me wonder how many celebrities are among us. It's a great place for them to be themselves and never discovered identity wise.

I think 14 is much too young to become legally married! I don't know if I could handle the stress of being a father Daacon. :hmm:

AirJigga25
09-28-04, 02:40 PM
The "offical" age of consent may well be 14 here to - but as a fairly large dad of a 15 year old daughter - the "age" of aluminium baseball bat is unlimited in my books - albiet I may need some "legal assistance" if I swing for the fences :sneaky:

Even if I may be looking up to a few of high school kids ......I have expereince and a way more psyco look :lildevil:

Pedophiles make a good case to re-instate castration IMHO.

ha

I hope I never have a daughter!! :suspense:

Adam
09-28-04, 09:30 PM
down here its 18. my niece is 2, when she grows up daddy James and uncle Adam are gonna be waitin on the porch for them little boys comin up lookin for dates. :gun2: :D

daacon
09-28-04, 10:34 PM
haI hope I never have a daughter!! :suspense:

I would not trade her for the world :-) ...... Got a teenage son and a loving wife......I am trully one of the blessed ones ......

And Ralph there is nothing like being a father - you get to learn as ya go :thumbsup: mistakes inlcuded