: Lloyd Velourtex Trunk Mat

mstrjon32
01-13-11, 05:03 PM
Just thought I'd share these photos. I decided that seeing the "popped up" spare tire cover was really quite annoying, and I could cover this up by getting a trunk mat. I bought a Lloyd Velourtex mat from eBay, for $99 plus shipping. I suppose it was made-to-order, since it took over a week to get here, but it looks like a good quality mat. The cut isn't perfect, but it's very good and you can't really spot the millimeter imperfections in fit unless you're looking very carefully. For the trunk, it's fine and I'm happy with it. Here are some "before" and "after" photos (toughest mod ever):

CancerJCC
01-13-11, 05:07 PM
I like it. Could you take a close up of the tie down spots. Does the trunk mat just have a hole for the stock "caps" to fit through or is there something on the mat itself?

Mine are broken off (the stud) so it would be cool to have something to cover them AND that raised spare cover.

mstrjon32
01-13-11, 05:18 PM
CancerJCC: I actually don't park my car at my house, and I'm too lazy to go for a walk right now, but I will try and get a photo for you tomorrow. The mat just has plastic fittings that allow it to be held in place by pressing them over the stock studs. I was a little disappointed that they didn't push down a little farther, because I like using the cargo net and in order to reconfigure it, you've basically got to attach the net through the mat and then press it back down. If you're missing the studs, you'll probably want to replace them before putting the mat in. I do have one more photo showing the mat with the net installed...

JD03Cobra
01-13-11, 07:32 PM
That looks fantastic! I'll be ordering that up in the spring with mats. Thanks!

V-Guy
01-14-11, 10:25 AM
I like it a lot. I have the Lloyd interior mats and was on the fence on the trunk mat - but now I think it's a must.

jaskel
01-14-11, 01:57 PM
I got one a while back and it really does wonders for me wanting to actually open up my trunk at shows I take the V to. And it makes it so I dont have to worry so much about what I stick in the trunk, and any floor carpet damage that is incurred through someone (my wife's?) carelessness is easily covered up by this nice piece

CancerJCC
01-14-11, 02:21 PM
CancerJCC: I actually don't park my car at my house, and I'm too lazy to go for a walk right now, but I will try and get a photo for you tomorrow. The mat just has plastic fittings that allow it to be held in place by pressing them over the stock studs. I was a little disappointed that they didn't push down a little farther, because I like using the cargo net and in order to reconfigure it, you've basically got to attach the net through the mat and then press it back down. If you're missing the studs, you'll probably want to replace them before putting the mat in. I do have one more photo showing the mat with the net installed...

Thank you for the information.

trhs75
01-14-11, 08:47 PM
I saw Lloyd's mat samples at my local Cadillac dealer. There were two greys -- one was called smoke, I think, and the other one was lighter. I couldn't tell which ones would match my silver V interior mats. I'm guessing black would match the trunk interior, but maybe you know for sure?

Squid4life
03-13-11, 01:36 PM
Mat looks nice, much better than the before pic. Was looking at front mats to replace a worn drivers mat, may have to do all 5. Thanks for sharing!