: Any V's in San Antonio, TX?

azn2dmax
01-13-11, 03:23 PM
As the title states are there any V's in San Antonio? I live up North San Antonio and they have a silver one buy my house that I always see. Are you on here? Just wanna meet some fellow V's owners thats all.

DRod
02-04-11, 12:32 AM
I will on Saturday!

azn2dmax
02-04-11, 12:38 AM
What do you mean?

DRod
02-04-11, 01:14 AM
Just bought an '07. I pick it up on Saturday. I'm also N side...281/1604. And you?

azn2dmax
02-04-11, 01:36 AM
Congrats!! I live in the N side too. Pass 1604 and 281N.

DRod
02-04-11, 01:42 AM
Well there are obviously some other V owners in town that are active. They had a dyno day last year, and there were several cars. Once we get past this freezing weather, I think I'll head to the track for a few runs.

D3l7a3ch0
02-04-11, 04:47 AM
i'm always at 1604 and blanco

not "always" but i mean i visit a lot.

i get an unlimited washpass from texas shine here and there, and use the one on huebner and stone oak.

megan is a buff/waxer there and she's a pro, but on maternity leave for a while.

she fixed something that another one of the employees did. but it turned out great in the end

NASAPROJECT
05-04-12, 05:45 PM
I know this thread is old but I just moved here not to long ago and have been looking for others in the area. Anyone still look at this and do you all meet up somewhere?

D3l7a3ch0
05-04-12, 11:15 PM
yyyyeah... i just left for a while. 2 years +

DRod
06-07-12, 11:18 PM
I know this thread is old but I just moved here not to long ago and have been looking for others in the area. Anyone still look at this and do you all meet up somewhere?
We usually try to meet up on the last Saturday of each month at Coffee & Rides, which is held at the Vineyard Shopping Center at Loop 1604 & Blanco. Make plans to come out this month!

http://www.facebook.com/CoffeeandRides

Some guys also like to head out to Biffs on Fridays. I only head out there on occasion.

http://www.biffbuzbys.com/events.html

c_d
12-30-12, 10:30 PM
he guys,

sorry for hijacking your thread but can anyone recommend a good mechanic/garage for caddies in SA? Have tried several from chains to locals and all have left much to be desired.

DRod
12-31-12, 12:31 AM
he guys,

sorry for hijacking your thread but can anyone recommend a good mechanic/garage for caddies in SA? Have tried several from chains to locals and all have left much to be desired.

I had the same issues. If I don't work on it myself or with a group of friends, it goes to Ken Batchelor. Sure it's the dealer, but they are good with these cars. Also know a couple of mechanics at Gunn Chevrolet that can work on Vs as well. Good luck. I know this is always a challenge.

05txctsv
12-31-12, 11:11 AM
Just purchased my new 05 v1. Having a lot of fun with it also.

c_d
01-03-13, 09:11 AM
I had the same issues. If I don't work on it myself or with a group of friends, it goes to Ken Batchelor. Sure it's the dealer, but they are good with these cars. Also know a couple of mechanics at Gunn Chevrolet that can work on Vs as well. Good luck. I know this is always a challenge.

I live literally next door to Ken Batchelor on Huebner. I have been there twice for routine repairs but based on the quotes, I ran as fast as I could. SA seems to be an incredible back place for repairs:

Ken Batchelor: one of my key fobs broke and they quoted me $300 + tax for ONE replacement
Good Year: wanted to weld in horizontal stabilisers to the back wheels because of "misalignment" - that was before they figured out the car had adaptive suspension an need to be turned on
Alamo Garage: flushed power steering and forgot to refill with fluid, overlooked broken brake light in inspection, overcharge massively for repairs according to this board
Meineke: new brakes, they disconnected the back wheel sensors, taped them away, and forgot to reconnect them when they were done.
Discount Tire, Firestone: new tires and wheel alignment: both stated "not gonna touch that, it's a caddy" for wheel alignment, would only do tires

Should I ask for a specific mechanic at Gunn? Any help is appreciated as I have a lingering "check gas cap" problem and have already replaced the gas cap and checked the vacuum lines.