: 93-96 FWB grille?

axe
01-13-11, 02:30 PM
Hi!

I'm looking at getting a new grille for the Fleetwood since the original one has faded and looks a bit dull. But as usually is the case I found it to be a bit expensive, especially considering it's just cheap plastic.

But... there is also reproduction grilles available, starting at $125(on Ebay). Anyone here tried one? If so is the quality and looks equal to the GM grille and does it have the Cadillac text on the drivers side?

TIA

outsider
01-13-11, 02:34 PM
not sure, but maybe Jim (thefleetwoodguy) could hook you up with a nice used one.

axe
01-13-11, 03:03 PM
Thanks man, will keep that as an option for sure. Jim has helped me with parts before and is a really nice guy to deal with.
Going to do a bit more looking around first and see if I can find a new one for a half decent price.

Stingroo
01-13-11, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately many of the B and D body platform parts are starting to be discontinued by GM, so finding NOS originals is hard - and when you do expect to pay out the nose for them. Jim is probably your best bet.

sven914
01-13-11, 05:56 PM
Being that it's just cheap plastic and not real chrome, why not paint it. Krylon makes a chrome paint, which supposedly works good on plastic surfaces. I haven't used it, but hear it is very good and looks authentic. For $7.00, it might be worth a try.

CBodyFan
01-13-11, 06:20 PM
Actually "chromed" plastic can be replated. Have you considered that?

CadillacPimpinNOLA
01-13-11, 06:41 PM
Actually "chromed" plastic can be replated. Have you considered that?

yea its called Vacuum Plating...me personally though id just spend a few dollars and get an E&G metal grill

axe
01-13-11, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I have looked into having it replated but that will probably cost as much as a new grille from gmotors.com.

If the E&G grille was styled to resemble the original Fleetwood grille I'd be all over it. I really love the factory look of the last gen Fleetwood.

Barrister_07101
01-22-11, 01:45 PM
My understanding is the the "Ebay" repos DO NOT have the cadillac script.

turbojimmy
01-23-11, 05:40 PM
My understanding is the the "Ebay" repos DO NOT have the cadillac script.

I was wondering that myself. Someone apparently kicked mine for some reason. Foot-sized dent toward the top that caused it to buckle and break free from the mounting tabs on the corner. I know I didn't hit anything with it, and there's too much bumper on the front to think that someone could back into it and get as far as the grille. $136 shipped is pretty tempting. But with no script, I'll pass....