: Detroit Auto Show

RicktheRealtor
01-13-11, 12:13 PM
Anyone out there planning to attend the North Americann Auto Show in Detroit? If you have an opportunity to snap some photos of any new Caddy's, I'm sure all us Caddy nuts would appreciate seeing them.

928S
01-13-11, 12:38 PM
New Cadillac flagship, DTS replacement . . .

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/storyimage/CA/20110103/BLOG06/110109983/V2/V2-110109983.jpg&q=80&MaxW=505

Oops! Just kiddin' . . . actually, it's the new URBAN Concept Car from 2010 LA Auto Show.

Superjim
01-13-11, 12:46 PM
^^^^^ :tisk:...:ack:

HartfordGuy
01-13-11, 03:51 PM
Nice Golf cart. :bigroll:

BlackRavenDTS
01-14-11, 07:29 AM
Nice Golf cart. :bigroll:

I heard you can buy them in a 12 pack. Of which you can fill a medium sized walmart bag with 4 dozen and still have room for 4 luggage bags in the trunk of a DTS.

rjm
01-14-11, 07:48 PM
Anyone out there planning to attend the North Americann Auto Show in Detroit? If you have an opportunity to snap some photos of any new Caddy's, I'm sure all us Caddy nuts would appreciate seeing them.

What new Cadillacs???

I was hoping GM would show the production version of the XTS, instead nothing. Cadillac didn't even have a press conference during this years show.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think GM has abandoned Cadillac. The STS and DTS have mere weeks of production remaining (if GM hasn't already stopped production and just won't admit) and while there is excitement within the CTS line with the arrival of the coupe, no major updates are planned for them in the near future, leading me to the conclusion that the lights are still on at Cadillac headquarters, but everyone has left the building.

HartfordGuy
01-14-11, 08:58 PM
They haven't abandoned Cadillac. Just the opposite. SRX sales are thru the roof in fact, plus they are really pushing the CTS coupes. That is where all the attention is going.

The STS and DTS owners are the ones left in the dark. They need to reach out to us. Most of us don't want to downsize to the CTS.

I think I'll pop over to the Cadillac page at Facebook and drop them a note.

rjm
01-14-11, 09:46 PM
They haven't abandoned Cadillac. Just the opposite. SRX sales are thru the roof in fact, plus they are really pushing the CTS coupes. That is where all the attention is going.

The STS and DTS owners are the ones left in the dark. They need to reach out to us. Most of us don't want to downsize to the CTS.

Been there, done that, and more.

Cadillac naively thinks we'll all just get an Escalade. My lease expires this month and they've been lobbying me heavily since Thanksgiving, but I keep telling them "I DON'T WANT A TRUCK." That's why I say the lights are on but nobody's home. I honestly believe they think I'm getting another Cadillac when I return this one week after next, even though everyone else in my extended family has long since abandoned Cadillac.

I've come to the conclusion that Cadillac is doing this on purpose to get rid of all of us who purchased/leased real Cadillacs. In their mind, we're dead weight and represent the old. It doesn't matter that I'm only 40 and entering my peak earning years,. I want a REAL Cadillac, but that's not what Cadillac wants to be anymore, they want to be BMW. Which means they must get rid of us in order to complete the transformation. But I don't think its going to work. I told Cadillac that repeatedly when they tried to push me into the then new '05 STS, "if I wanted a BMW, I'd have purchased a BMW."

Sorry for the rant. Its just that the last week has been kind of hard. Its like losing a family member. I learned to drive on an '84 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, and since then my daily driver has been a Cadillac. I've owned/leased other vehicles as well (gotta do something with all that space in a 3 car garage!!), but one thing has remained constant and that's the presence of a new Cadillac every 2 or 3 years. But in a matter of days, there won't be a Cadillac in my garage, and its left me more than a little depressed. I guess this is how the loyal Pontiac and Oldsmobile customers felt.

At least you have all those great ads that I can look at from time to time and "remember the good old days" when a Cadillac truly was "THE CAR OF CARS."

Lord Cadillac
01-14-11, 10:15 PM
The SRX is mainly selling for two reasons:

1. It's cheaper
2. It doesn't look like a hearse

Cadillac has gone down market and is reaping the benefits of more sales as a result. The DTS is coming back as an XTS with a V6 only (at least for the time being). The SRX got smaller, cheaper, went from a V8 to a V6 and RWD to FWD. The STS is gone. The CTS is moving into 5-Series territory but I'm not sure where the price is going to be. The ATS, the new entry-level Cadillac, will fight the 3-Series - and should do a very good job at that.

Unfortunately, I'm hearing the car looks a little too much like a first generation CTS. I hope things change before it goes live.

There was nothing special at the Detroit Auto Show for Cadillac. The only really interesting thing is the CTS-V race car.. Here's a few pictures.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-cts-v-race-car.html

That's about it, though...

Superjim
01-15-11, 12:16 AM
What new Cadillacs???

I was hoping GM would show the production version of the XTS, instead nothing. Cadillac didn't even have a press conference during this years show.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think GM has abandoned Cadillac.
The STS and DTS have mere weeks of production remaining (if GM hasn't already stopped production and just won't admit) and while there is excitement within the CTS line with the arrival of the coupe, no major updates are planned for them in the near future, leading me to the conclusion that the lights are still on at Cadillac headquarters, but everyone has left the building.

I thought they were going to build them all thru the summer???
I have been planning on getting one later this year.

Texas Jim

RicktheRealtor
01-15-11, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the comments. I agree wholeheartedly with rjm. He hit the nail on the head! I really was hoping for more info on the XTS and specifically a release date. Since last years glimpse of the XTS, nothing much has come down the pike. We DTS drivers have been left high and dry. Cadillac (GM) has left it to wither on the vine. It seems like they want us to go away.

The hand writing is on the wall when the so called Cadillac flagship has less technology than some entry level cars. ie 4 speed tranny, etc.

Maybe enough people will buy the CTS so that Cadillac earns enough money to build us a "real" Cadillac.

c5 rv
01-15-11, 04:01 PM
... Don't tell me I have to go get a darn Lexus if I want a "BIG" car...

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
- Yoda

Be not afraid of the dark side, Jim. However, nirvana it is not. While 04-06 LS430s are awesome cars (I have an 05), some folks complain of the hard driver's seat and weak seat cooling. (Both seat comfort and cooling pales in comparison to the DTS.) As for the LS460, avoid the first year models from 07 and be ready for a more of a STS-style ride rather than DTS.

IIRC, you are in the DFW area. I've heard high praises of Sewell Lexus, but they are pricey. Park Place Lexus also comes well recommended.

Superjim
01-15-11, 04:05 PM
Been there, done that, and more.

Cadillac naively thinks we'll all just get an Escalade. My lease expires this month and they've been lobbying me heavily since Thanksgiving, but I keep telling them "I DON'T WANT A TRUCK." That's why I say the lights are on but nobody's home. I honestly believe they think I'm getting another Cadillac when I return this one week after next, even though everyone else in my extended family has long since abandoned Cadillac.

I've come to the conclusion that Cadillac is doing this on purpose to get rid of all of us who purchased/leased real Cadillacs. In their mind, we're dead weight and represent the old. It doesn't matter that I'm only 40 and entering my peak earning years,. I want a REAL Cadillac, but that's not what Cadillac wants to be anymore, they want to be BMW. Which means they must get rid of us in order to complete the transformation. But I don't think its going to work. I told Cadillac that repeatedly when they tried to push me into the then new '05 STS, "if I wanted a BMW, I'd have purchased a BMW."

Sorry for the rant. Its just that the last week has been kind of hard. Its like losing a family member. I learned to drive on an '84 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, and since then my daily driver has been a Cadillac. I've owned/leased other vehicles as well (gotta do something with all that space in a 3 car garage!!), but one thing has remained constant and that's the presence of a new Cadillac every 2 or 3 years. But in a matter of days, there won't be a Cadillac in my garage, and its left me more than a little depressed. I guess this is how the loyal Pontiac and Oldsmobile customers felt.

At least you have all those great ads that I can look at from time to time and "remember the good old days" when a Cadillac truly was "THE CAR OF CARS."

Don't tell me I have to go get a darn Lexus if I want a "BIG" car.
I don't want a little bitty CTS. I have driven several of them when my DTS has been in for service. I don't like 'em.

I like "BIG" cars.

Oh...about the 84 Fleetwood.
I bought one for Darling Wife when they first came out.
Kept it till 2001. 17 years and 250,000 miles.
It was a Fleetwood Brougham deElegence.
White with a white vinyl top and the blue tufted leather interior.
That was the most comfortable interior I have ever had in an automobile.

Texas Jim

c5 rv
01-15-11, 04:22 PM
How did your post that I quoted end up after mine? There must have been a rupture in the space-time continuum because Safari crashed when I posted that.

Superjim
01-15-11, 04:35 PM
How did your post that I quoted end up after mine? There must have been a rupture in the space-time continuum because Safari crashed when I posted that.

I don't know...:D
Firefox was acting up also...Scripts were hanging up...

Jim

rjm
01-15-11, 06:05 PM
Firefox acting up for me as well!!!! Back to IE for now....

I'm holding out for Chicago next month, since that's where the current DTS premiered.

I'll echo c5 comments on the Lexus LS. I've driven an '06 several times, and my only complaints were--1. the seat heaters/coolers were WEAK and 2. massaging seats available in rear only. As for the current LS, the drivers seat is comparable to the seat in the current STS, IMO you could interchange them except Lexus still doesn't know what seat heat/cool means. I've driven both versions of the current LS and my money is on the long wheelbase with the air suspension, it ALMOST gives the old school Cadillac ride. The standard car rides similar to the STS. In fact I really didn't notice much difference at all, except the Lexus was somewhat quieter, except for the dreaded wind noise that afflicts these cars WRT the exterior mirror design.

I've also driven the S550 and a 750iL. The BMW is a NO on so many levels, BMW fixed the Bangled styling but in very other aspect the car fails on too many levels. What can I say about the Mercedes??? To corrupt a Cadillac phrase, it is the car of cars. The only thing that gives me pause is the price. As fantastic as the car is, its hard to justify $100,000+.

Decisions, decisions. If Cadillac hadn't stopped being Cadillac, this wouldn't be an issue!

To Rick--the DTS and Escalade are the moneymakers for Cadillac (the CTS/STS have yet to make any money). With sales of each dropping precipitously, and replacements for each in the too distant future, that's why I'm so pessimistic at this point.

Kenwood
01-15-11, 09:12 PM
I disagree. I think GM has a lot on their plate right now with trying to hype the Volt and come up with variations on that platform so as to make it profitable. They're also busy promoting all the new Buick products. Cadillac had the spotlight for a while with the CTSV variants and the SRX. The rear wheel drive platform is coming back and a stretched version is also highly likely which means a Fleetwood type car for us. I think the XTS concept wasn't as huge of a hit that GM was hoping for, so I'm betting that they're re-working and tweaking it, but that they'll do one eventually.

RicktheRealtor
01-15-11, 10:53 PM
Well. we'll try to stay optimistic. That XTS concept sure whetted my appetite. Spacious enough to be still called a "big" car, yet built slightly smaller to be environmentally correct for today's times. A beautiful interior, and no doubt, full of leading edge technology. But, boy, they're taking their sweet time with it. (maybe that's a good thing).

Talk of a true, large flagship on the horizon probably is just that, talk. With a possible price point of $120K +, you probably wouldn't see many of them even if GM decided to build it.

Kenwood
01-17-11, 01:31 PM
But, boy, they're taking their sweet time with it. (maybe that's a good thing).

Talk of a true, large flagship on the horizon probably is just that, talk. With a possible price point of $120K +, you probably wouldn't see many of them even if GM decided to build it.

Rick, try to remember that the XTS was a concept car and as you said, there were several new technologies in it. That was only one year ago. There's a helluva lot of R&D to go through to bring a car from concept stage to actual production. Even a car like the Camaro which uses an existing platform took a few years before it showed up for sale. As for a mega-buck flagship, that depends a lot on the economy and the health of GM. I think it's a looong way off, if at all, but GM has kicked it around ever since the Sixteen several years ago. If GM can truly bring itself back to it's glory days, I think it may get done, but we're talking 2020 at the soonest.

Superjim
01-17-11, 01:56 PM
What are we ... (the normal DTS buyers)... going to buy when we need to replace the DTS we have now ???
I don't see much to choose from.
I reckon I will have to buy a 2011 and hope it lasts for a REALLY, REALLY, long time.
If anyone has any ideas... I am open to suggestions.

Jim

RicktheRealtor
01-17-11, 04:22 PM
Well Kenwood, you're right. That XTS last seen was a concept car, and it does take time to develop, but I guess I'm just impatient. And Jim does bring up the point that with production of the D winding down, we better be prepared to hang onto ours. I would hope that those Cadillac boys are working hard to get that replacement out sooner rather than later. I suspect that the build out date on the DTS is quickly approaching (especially since production of the N* ended long ago). What will they offer us when we walk into a dealership and ask for a BIG car? Sadly, the competition will scoop up a lot of "former" Cadillac buyers.

Superjim
01-17-11, 05:18 PM
Well Kenwood, you're right. That XTS last seen was a concept car, and it does take time to develop, but I guess I'm just impatient. And Jim does bring up the point that with production of the D winding down, we better be prepared to hang onto ours. I would hope that those Cadillac boys are working hard to get that replacement out sooner rather than later. I suspect that the build out date on the DTS is quickly approaching (especially since production of the N* ended long ago). What will they offer us when we walk into a dealership and ask for a BIG car? Sadly, the competition will scoop up a lot of "former" Cadillac buyers.

I dropped my DTS off this morning for service and to have the passenger side headlight replaced under warranty.
It has started the infamous "BLINKING" every once in a while. :(

I asked my service adviser...(who stays pretty much up on stuff), and he told me if I wanted a new one...better try to order it PDQ and that it might already be too late to order one.

I haven't checked with the sales manager...it was 0700 in the AM.

Jim

ltdltc
01-17-11, 06:17 PM
If anyone has any ideas... I am open to suggestions.

Jim
http://a.imagehost.org/0822/2011_MKS.jpg

AWD, 365 HP and parks itself!

The one at the auto show was nice! Not quite the same presence as my mid 90s Town Cars that I had but its a sharp car.

Superjim
01-17-11, 07:57 PM
http://a.imagehost.org/0822/2011_MKS.jpg

AWD, 365 HP and parks itself!

The one at the auto show was nice! Not quite the same presence as my mid 90s Town Cars that I had but its a sharp car.

I don't know what it is about me and Lincolns.
I have had several of them down thru the years, and NONE of them ever lasted any time at all for me.
I had had really awful luck with them.
I have had 2 Town cars and 3 Marks.
All were one year old, low mileage, one owner cars.
Never did keep one over a year. Some of them I only kept a few months.
They started giving trouble so I sold them
My Cadillacs have given me much better service.
Sold one a few years ago that I had for 21 years, with over a quarter million miles on it.
It still looked real good and the engine and tranny had never been gone into.
It still ran great.
Sometimes I wish I still had it. :) :)

Jim

HartfordGuy
01-17-11, 08:44 PM
I got an email reply from Cadillac on my inquiry to the status of the XTS as a DTS replacement.

Here is the reply; It is scary.

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting Cadillac and for your interest in the XTS! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

The XTS is considered a concept vehicle; show car. At this time, no announcements have been made regarding its production. We value your loyalty and apologize for any inconvenience.

For updates, please contact us periodically or speak with your local dealer. If you are not familiar with dealers in your area, an easy way to find one is by using the dealer locator web tool at http://www.cadillac.com/.

For updates, please contact us periodically or speak with your local dealer. If you are not familiar with dealers in your area, an easy way to find one is by using the dealer locator web tool located at the above website. While you are at the dealership, we suggest that you take a test drive of the 2011 Cadillac Line-up! There is nothing like a test drive to help you make that ultimate purchase decision.

You may also get updates on this website as new information becomes available.

New GM vehicles now come standard with a 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain warranty. By offering the fully transferable 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain warranty on all GM cars and SUVs you receive the best coverage in America on your new purchase.

At Cadillac, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-422-8425 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday thru Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday.. Thank you for contacting Cadillac.

Sincerely,

The Cadillac Marketing Team
I have a feeling that we are going to be holding on to our DTSs for a while.

HartfordGuy
01-17-11, 08:55 PM
When I showed a buddy of mine my DTS, he went out and bought a new 2010 Lincoln MKS. He brought it over to show me. it was loaded, reverse camera, eco-boost motor and internet Nav weather blah blah blah.

He let me drive it when we went out to dinner. I was not impressed. It rode like a truck. I felt every crack in the pavement, unlike my DTS which has a smooth, boulevard ride. I didn't like the KIA-Lexus rear end styling either. But I was gracious and told him congratulations and wished him well.
Five months later he called to tell me he traded it in for a new 2010 Dodge Charger SRT-8 sedan. He finally admitted that the Lincoln was too....uninspiring.

rjm
01-17-11, 09:08 PM
When I showed a buddy of mine my DTS, he went out and bought a new 2010 Lincoln MKS. He brought it over to show me. it was loaded, reverse camera, eco-boost motor and internet Nav weather blah blah blah.

He let me drive it when we went out to dinner. I was not impressed. It rode like a truck. I felt every crack in the pavement, unlike my DTS which has a smooth, boulevard ride. I didn't like the KIA-Lexus rear end styling either. But I was gracious and told him congratulations and wished him well.
Five months later he called to tell me he traded it in for a new 2010 Dodge Charger SRT-8 sedan. He finally admitted that the Lincoln was too....uninspiring.

I think ride is the biggest thing negatively affecting the MKS. Its target audience expects a Town Car ride, but when they take a test drive all bets are off. BUT, even if Lincoln did fix the ride, I don't see the cars selling at any larger volume, they're just so....boring. Not to mention the price. The local Lincoln dealer parked on outside the mall over Christmas and it was $57,xxx. I later verified that it had every option available, still $58k for a Taurus in a tuxedo certainly gave me pause! It also continued the Town Car tradition of being massive on the outside while being cramped inside.

rjm
01-17-11, 09:27 PM
I dropped my DTS off this morning for service and to have the passenger side headlight replaced under warranty.
It has started the infamous "BLINKING" every once in a while. :(

I asked my service adviser...(who stays pretty much up on stuff), and he told me if I wanted a new one...better try to order it PDQ and that it might already be too late to order one.

I haven't checked with the sales manager...it was 0700 in the AM.

Jim

I was at the dealer as well today.

When I asked about the XTS, the comeback was what XTS!! I know the dealers are usually the last to know, but these guys were truly clueless. (And I thought the whole point of the dealer cull during bankruptcy was to eliminate all the bad dealers!)

Oh well, Chicago is just a few week away. Lets hope Cadillac does a repeat and premieres production XTS there, as they did with the current DTS. Otherwise we may be in for a long wait.

Superjim
01-17-11, 10:32 PM
I was at the dealer as well today.

When I asked about the XTS, the comeback was what XTS!! I know the dealers are usually the last to know, but these guys were truly clueless. (And I thought the whole point of the dealer cull during bankruptcy was to eliminate all the bad dealers!)

Oh well, Chicago is just a few week away. Lets hope Cadillac does a repeat and premieres production XTS there, as they did with the current DTS.
Otherwise we may be in for a long wait.

Yep...that's what I am afraid of... :(
I am undecided on trading my 2006 with almost 100,000 miles on it "NOW" while there is still a fair selection of new ones...or keep it for another year, maybe even a little longer...and hope nothing major goes wrong with it,,, while at the same time...keeping my eyes open for a real cream puff 2010 or 2011 that someone has traded in.

Decisions...Decisions... :D

Jim

HartfordGuy
01-18-11, 07:43 AM
Jim, Go to www.cars.com I see alot of nice low mileage 2007s and 2008s still available. You can pick up a sweet one for low-mid $20K and get several more years of use. Then perhaps we can get a look at the XTS or whatever the replacement will be.

After re-reading that email I got from Cadillac, now I wonder if they are hinting at something. Perhaps they are rushing to put a production version of the XTS together, but will call it something different? A next generation DTS?

Kenwood
01-18-11, 01:18 PM
Jim,
Unless you have your heart set on custom ordering the exact one you want, you'll be fine. I don't think the DTSs are selling like hotcakes, so 2011's should still be lingering on dealer lots for most of 2011 and if you wait, you'll probably get a great deal on the last of them. (Go for the Platinum) In 2012 and forward, you'll still be able to get a nice, CPO DTS. Plus, with them out of production, they should depreciate quite nicely. In fact, I might be looking to get an XLR in a couple years. They don't make them anymore, but there are plenty of them out there for sale. Your next DTS should last you until at least 2016-2018 and by then, I'm sure there'll be a new big caddy.

Hard to say what the ride will be like, however. I'd hope that Caddy keeps it close to its roots. DTS and Town Car customers are a dying breed, it's just the facts. Most everyone has acquiesced to the "Feel of the Road" style of cars nowadays and it's sad that Lincoln went that way with the big MK. Some say that Mercedes still have a comfortable ride. I haven't ridden in an S class recently, but the E-class isn't as soft and comfortable as I'd like. I don't think I could buy a Lexus. They just don't have any presence or swagger in my opinion.

RJM, As for salesmen not knowing what an XTS is, that's not surprising at all. The salesman that you talked to was probably selling carpeting three weeks ago. There's a LOT of turnover at dealerships. You'll be hard pressed to find a career Caddy salesman. Salesmen have to meet quotas and are constantly trying to keep their managers off of their backs. They aren't necessarily in this because they are interested in the car business or what products are coming in the future. They have to concentrate on selling what's on the lot right now in order to keep their jobs.

Hartford Guy, that e-mail from Caddy Corporate is just template language that they regurgitate whenever they get an inquiry about coming products. Even if the XTS is on a priority production track, GM would keep it quiet until it get's closer to production. Most auto manufacturers keep their future products quiet until they get closer to actual production and will often flat out deny that they are doing what everyone suspects they are doing. For example, for the past couple years, BMW said flat out that they are NOT doing an M-performance version of the 1 series. Guess what's on their display at the Detroit auto show? Same thing with the Camaro Z28 and convertible. But guess what we'll see in 2012? In fact, send an e-mail to Chevy and ask when you can buy a Camaro Z28 or convertible. I'll bet you get a reply much like the one you got for the XTS. "Dear Customer, there are no announcements about a Camaro Z28 or convertible, but please stop by your local Chevy dealer and take a look at the fine products we have to offer."

Lord Cadillac
01-18-11, 05:31 PM
Very true.. Most car salespeople are not into "cars" specifically. They don't care about anything they can't sell (regarding automobiles). As for the form letter, yup. That's what that is.. The XTS is coming.. Maybe it'll be called DTS. In fact, I hope it is...

RJM, As for salesmen not knowing what an XTS is, that's not surprising at all. The salesman that you talked to was probably selling carpeting three weeks ago. There's a LOT of turnover at dealerships. You'll be hard pressed to find a career Caddy salesman. Salesmen have to meet quotas and are constantly trying to keep their managers off of their backs. They aren't necessarily in this because they are interested in the car business or what products are coming in the future. They have to concentrate on selling what's on the lot right now in order to keep their jobs.

Hartford Guy, that e-mail from Caddy Corporate is just template language that they regurgitate whenever they get an inquiry about coming products. Even if the XTS is on a priority production track, GM would keep it quiet until it get's closer to production. Most auto manufacturers keep their future products quiet until they get closer to actual production and will often flat out deny that they are doing what everyone suspects they are doing. For example, for the past couple years, BMW said flat out that they are NOT doing an M-performance version of the 1 series. Guess what's on their display at the Detroit auto show? Same thing with the Camaro SS/Z28 and convertible. But guess what we'll see in 2012? In fact, send an e-mail to Chevy and ask when you can buy a Camaro SS. I'll bet you get a reply much like the one you got for the XTS. "Dear Customer, there are no announcements about a Camaro SS, but please stop by your local Chevy dealer and take a look at the fine products we have to offer."

rjm
01-18-11, 07:03 PM
I'm quickly learning here guys. My Cadillac dealer was one of the oldest in the country, but it is no more. It was owned by a larger conglomerate who lost all their GM dealers. Since I'm in a midsize town, it was pretty much ignored and the same people had been there for YEARS. It really was one big family, there weren't any egos, the general manager was as approachable as anyone, the service manager was usually in the service area writing up orders himself. My salesman hadn't taken on any new customers in years, repeat customers and referrals from long standing customers kept him more than busy. BUT he wasn't so arrogant that if a new customer approached him, he treated them the same great Cadillac care. And they stayed on top of things. The GM was on the dealer council, so he was in the know concerning every aspect of Cadillac. If you asked, he'd answer, although occasionally he'd play coy, but most of the time he'd tell the truth. Not so anymore.

My first clue things had changed was the absence of a birthday card. The dealer I have now I'd rate one step above the sleaziest used car dealer! I'd honestly like to know how this place obtained a Cadillac franchise. After my first service visit, and my ripping them to shreds on the survey, the owner actually called me to find out why I rated them so poorly. As I articulated my reasons, all he would answer is "We're committed to the Cadillac brand", I finally gave up and told him "you may be committed to the Cadillac brand, but is Cadillac committed to you." I used to think people were just over-exaggerating their terrible dealer experiences, BUT how quickly I'm learning!

Lord Cadillac
01-18-11, 09:31 PM
This is getting a little off-topic but there's a topic in the Lounge about how Cadillac is going to be doing a LOT of focusing on customers in 2011.. They realize they need to step it up and they're working on it...