: 4T80E shift kit??? and pro tech???

caddygirlny
09-25-04, 07:55 PM
Hey , are there any shift kits available for my seville STS tranny??? a shift kit would be great, b.c it extends the life of the tranny, and on my boyfriends car when he floors his regal, he chirps second, thats awesome!
and also I saw pro tech transmissions has these computer chips on thier websites with the lists of cars they do them for....and the cadillac seville was listed. Was wondering if anyone has gotten one from them at all, and how the gains are etc...

Spyder
09-25-04, 10:00 PM
I dunno...my 94 STS lights 'em up pretty good if I keep it floored through second gear...any time I want it'll chirp under about 38 mph, and when it shifts to second, it lays a few feet down. My dodge'll do even better, but that's a whole 'nuther story. :)

caddygirlny
09-25-04, 10:37 PM
yea but i want the harder shifting like my boyfriends regalGS, when he drives normal, every shift hits harder and its cool. the shift kit gives the car that muscle car kick, and when he floors it from 0, it chirps second, and goes, the shift kit is awesome. plus after reading, it extends your clutch life etc.... so its actually better on the tranny. I checked transgo website, and they dont make one for our cars, that sucks!!! :*l
so i dunno if anyone has any info or anything. maybe i can get one custom made or something??? also every time you shift, it shifts faster than stock, that helps with performance also, i think it would be a cool mod.

caddydaddy
09-26-04, 11:47 AM
The computer on the Northstar transmission retards the spark timing during shifts, that's the reason it doesn't chirp going into 2nd. This helps with the trans life by reducing the force of the shift. So I don't think a shift kit would be any good, or do much for the trans.

caddygirlny
09-26-04, 09:09 PM
aww that sucks! damn afety features,. haha
But even if i got stiffer springs over the stock in the tranny...that wouldnt be good ???