: On Star Add on Unit - 2010 SRX

cazzara02
01-12-11, 12:47 PM
I just saw on OnStar's website that they will be selling an add on unit at Best Buy.

Does anyone know if this is compatable with the iphone App and if it can be installed on a 2010 SRX?

My remote started doesnt work at my parking garage as there is no line of sight and I would really love the remote starter option from the iphone app but since I have a 2010 the app doesnt work.

Any info?!?!

RippyPartsDept
01-12-11, 01:20 PM
saw an interview with them at CES last weekend... it will probably not be compatible w/ the iphone app since it does not integrate into the car's system... it is just a mirror that has GPS and phone abilities so all the safety aspects of onstar (besides lockout situations) are covered... all the extras that are due to car system tie-in are not available with this stand alone onstar mirror

cazzara02
01-12-11, 01:22 PM
Well there goes my hopes of the app working with the 2010 models! Thanks!

algiorda
01-13-11, 07:14 AM
What if you were to replace your 2010 OnStar unit with a 2011 unit? I would think the connection points would be the same, no?

RippyPartsDept
01-13-11, 11:08 AM
as far as I know these onstar units are tied to the VIN so if you use one that doesn't have your VIN in it you won't have the onstar functionality