: Anyone here get good discounts on tires ?

ThumperPup
01-11-11, 08:23 PM
just wondering if anyone here can get a good discount on tires im looking for 2 Michelin Hydro edge for my Caddy i can pick them up new for 114 a peace when i go to toledo next but wont be for a few weeks if i order them from discount tire they want 140 each so wondering if anyone has a place they can get tires cheap discounts

Jesda
01-11-11, 09:02 PM
I buy off ebay. Takes an hour to find the right set for the right price, but I usually save 50% or more

ThumperPup
01-11-11, 09:09 PM
yeah i do ebay also
there is one place that is locale to me has one used in my size for 58 plus taxes it has 10/32 left on it wich i think is like 2/32 less then new
and i can order online from discount tire or pick it up for the same price they have them on ebay for
i have symetry now but wana switch over see how the hydroedge runs so thinking of just getting them for the front wheels for now

other wise i could pick up a really decent symetry for 45 dollars on ebay that would replace the one bad one i have now but wana try a difrant tire and all

RippyPartsDept
01-11-11, 09:34 PM
symmetry is great because they have the white wall option.. i really like them on my 99 deville (and it's white) so i'm going to stay with 'em

Jesda
01-11-11, 09:39 PM
I bought a pair of Pirelli Scorpion STRs. They are, so far, fantastic. Paid $50 for a pair including shipping. These are OEM on Volvo wagons.

ThumperPup
01-11-11, 09:50 PM
I bought a pair of Pirelli Scorpion STRs. They are, so far, fantastic. Paid $50 for a pair including shipping. These are OEM on Volvo wagons.

i had pirelli ones on my 22s

but when it come to stock tires size i always ran symmetry they have been the best tires ever that i have run
but i have heard so many good things about the hydro edge i fugre its time to check them out
the main reqason im looking at new tires now is because the drive at the new house is at a angle took me for ever to get up even with a running start like 8 times i think
and by the time i was doen i could smell the burning rubber lideraly i was burning rubber to get up the drive
so i know that its time for new tires atleast in teh front

ThumperPup
01-11-11, 11:36 PM
anyone remmber what the originaly Tires on the Sevilles where ?

Stingroo
01-11-11, 11:41 PM
http://www.tiremonkey.com/Tires/Vehicle/2000/Cadillac/Seville?option=SLS&address=44122&radius=20&tids=216&page=1&index=0&sort=8&mP=0&xP=2147483647&mD=0&xD=2147483647&mW=0&xW=2147483647&mV=0&xV=2147483647&mDu=0&xDu=2147483647&mPe=0&xPe=2147483647&br=all&sp=all&ld=all&sw=all&ci=0%2C9

There's the tire monkey result for you and your zip code. I find them to have better deals than most places, at least when I was shopping for mine.

Aron9000
01-12-11, 12:44 AM
When I had my old Camaro, with the big, wide high performance tires that were trashed in 20k miles, tirerack.com had the best deals. For performance tires, I figured out BFGoodrich KDW's were a good tire, great wet and dry traction, useless in snow(summer tire). I saved $200-400 buying online and having my local chevy dealer put them on(they know how to balance a finicky low profile tire since they do Vettes).

As for tires for my other cars, I've found my local tire guy to be within $20 of tire rack's prices, these are just normal 225/75/R15 passenger car tires. He's always treated me and my family right, so I always go to him.

ThumperPup
01-12-11, 12:53 AM
so far best deal i can find is DiscountTire if i go to Toledo and pick them up next tiem i drive threw if i order them online for some reason they charge more i gues sbecause market value what they retial for her ein my area or soemthing but they give free shipping if i do that
where tire rack charges more plus t hey want to charge for shipping

i think im gona just stick with my Symmetry go to a regular tire shop around here and pay 120 for it problay i think at bj;s or sams club

ben.gators
01-12-11, 04:34 AM
Well, you always can find good deals online, but always do not forget three important subjects:
1- the most obvious one is shipping, shipping cost is high for tires, so it will partially compensate the differences between the price of tire in your local store and online prices.
2- There are some new tires that are somehow out of factory specifications, and the factory does not like to sell them itself, so the factory sells the tires to another company or store and this second company/store sells them online... A lot of such tires are listed on ebay. So read all the description of the tires before buying
3- If you buy a tire from famous tire stores, you can get road hazard warranty and even life time free tire rotation. They might sell the tire a bit expensive than online stores, but hey, they are giving you more services and after market support.

If I were in your shoes, I would pay a bit more, e.g. 15$-20$ each tire, and buy a tire from a local store that stands behind the tire and gives free aftermarket support and services...

ThumperPup
01-12-11, 10:51 AM
yeah but the rediculus part is a local tire shop top me NTB and mrtire they want 179.00 plus taxes out the door for symmetry and 201.00 plus taxes out the door for the hyrdroedge
i can buy them from discount tire when i drive up that way in Toledo and get the symmetry for 114.00 a tire plus 15 for mounting and balance so almsot a 40 dollar savings i can also get the road hazard and that for 13 dollars threw them if i want road hazard threw the other companys around here its 30 per tire

i can order from Discount tire i was just looking they give free shiping on tires so i think i might do that

fromw hat i was told i know what good year ad micelen do is if the tires are out of spec for them
thats before they go and throw there name on the tires
then they sell them to other tire places low name places that throw there name on them or they throw the lower names they use on them

EcSTSatic
01-12-11, 01:14 PM
just wondering if anyone here can get a good discount on tires im looking for 2 Michelin Hydro edge for my Caddy i can pick them up new for 114 a peace when i go to toledo next but wont be for a few weeks if i order them from discount tire they want 140 each so wondering if anyone has a place they can get tires cheap discounts

That's a good price for the Hydroedges. I bought mine a couple years back at Sam's Club. They are in the $130-$140 price range there now.

orconn
01-12-11, 01:50 PM
I highly recommend the Michelin Hydroedge tires. We put them on my wife's 2002 SLS which a 23,000 miles had a slight shimmy at freeway speeds. The Hydroedge tires cured the shimmy and have proven to be very good handling tires ... they now have 30 miles on them!

I put Michelin Symmetry tire on our '93 Seville STS and immediately took them back to be exchange for a different set because they didn't handle well on this car. Too soft for the suspension set up on the '93 STS.

ThumperPup
01-12-11, 02:48 PM
would it afrect my MPG or handling if i had the old Symmterys on the back and put hydroedge on the front question cause this is what i am thinking of doing
i can pick up a used one on ebay wich is locale to me and pick it up and pay 58 dollars for one with 10/32 left on it and i think they come with 11/32 new so then i pick up a new one for like what ever it will cost or is that 1/32 really gona make a difrance will i really notice it question
i think it was a take of tire that someone had new and just didnt like them problaby

EcSTSatic
01-12-11, 02:53 PM
You missed the Michelin $70 rebate

http://www.michelin-rebates.com/Media/Images/download-page-closed.jpg

ThumperPup
01-12-11, 03:16 PM
nope i didnt i justt am not going to buy 4 tires dont need 4 and not gona spend that much on them
i can go to NTB and still get 70 of a set of 4 tires i knew about that rebate over a month ago
but im not about to be ready to spend like 625 up front on tires just dont have it already into the caddy for 4400 in the past 2 months between engine ball join wlighment and tie rod and wheel bearing its acltua around 4500
im trying to to spend more then another 250 at most right now

ThumperPup
01-12-11, 05:59 PM
yayyyyyyyyyy man i founda gold mine i think
just got off the phone with someone from CL found a set of 4 matching Hydroedge tires 235-60-16
he gona sell them to me for 100 dollars wow they have 7/32 left on the tread and he says they all look like they wear evenly said the car they came off of was a Cadillac Deville and the owner was always metaculous about never having anything out of alighment or balance so this is cool

ThumperPup
01-13-11, 09:07 PM
gota give the hydroedge the props those suckers rock
i went to look at them they came as take off tires from a BMW dealership Lease turn in i guess
they had like 75 percent tread left on them so thats great got them for 100 bucks paid 50 for mounting and balancing
regular balance no roud force needed and the car rides great still cant get up my freaking drive way for the hell of it lol i think they might even do a bit worst in the snow that packs in my driveway but cant be for sure since the blow never came today
but still they handle so much better anyone know are these tires harder then the symmertry just feels like a stiffer ride i have with the hydro's but that leads to a better handling i think

RippyPartsDept
01-14-11, 04:45 PM
try some salt on your driveway... i hear that it melts ice and snow :)

orconn
01-14-11, 05:19 PM
I much preferred the Hydroedges over the Symmetry on my Seville STS. I thought the handling was sloppier with the Symmetry tires and took them back and had them put Hydroedge on the car and handling was much improved.

ThumperPup
01-14-11, 06:08 PM
try some salt on your driveway... i hear that it melts ice and snow :)

thansk rippy but to salt my drive it would cost me about lets see at 3.50 a bag for rock salf at the locale market
x 2 bags a day
= to freaking much a month lol

RippyPartsDept
01-14-11, 07:14 PM
Pup, you only need to salt once per storm after you clear the driveway, right?

but i guess the lake effect causes you to get more storms... hmmm what about charcoal? do you have a wood burning stove? if so, you can spread ash/charcoal on your driveway for more traction (that's what do back home in NH)... that, or sand but mostly ash/charcoal

ThumperPup
01-14-11, 10:17 PM
nope its all power and gas in this area
no wood burning stove
this new house we just moved to doesnt even have a fire place lol

yeah this past few weeks we have been gettign 1 or 2 good storms per day in my area
and
if not 1 or 2 its 1 constant one that just doesnt seem to stop
like on Tuesday the plow trucks where out constant u migth see like 30 minutes go by before the city came and plowed again
the private plow companys would come and do the drive way i think they did the ones on my street and mine problay about 5 times each becaus eof the snow fall we had just sucks