: New Owner

CTS VEE8
01-11-11, 11:36 AM
Hello all. Just bought a black 07 V a week ago and would like to thank everyone for the info before and after buying the car. It came off a lease with 27k on the odometer with barely a scratch on it. So far the more I drive it the more I like it. First impressions - Likes: effortless acceleration with all that torque available, nice looking car, 6-speed, luxury interior, excellent stereo. Dislikes: 6 lug wheels (I like swapping summer and winter tires), no spare with original run-flats, and the pain-in-the-ass parking brake. I've driven a stick for 30 yrs now and this is the first car without a hand brake. What the hell were they thinking? Anyway I'm glad I bought the car and look forward to "improving" it with help from you guys. Thanks again.

V-Guy
01-11-11, 01:26 PM
Welcome!! I just bought a black '07 in October myself - and I wish it only had 27K on it when I bought it! But it also had several mods that I really like, so I'm a very happy V owner too.

cvettr/cts-v
01-11-11, 01:31 PM
Welcome sonds well taken care of.

Houdini
01-11-11, 01:47 PM
Welcome! Where are you at in Illinois? V-Guy is putting together a April meet in Indy. It would be cool if a bunch more midwest area owners show up.

jcollege
01-11-11, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the world of the V!

rand49er
01-11-11, 05:44 PM
Welcome!

Yeah, that hand brake is embarrassing if you ask me.

(Dang, are there a lot of Vs changing hands right now, or is it just me? We're getting an avalanche of newbies lately.)

rlj5
01-11-11, 06:08 PM
Welcome!

(Dang, are there a lot of Vs changing hands right now, or is it just me?

Seems that way don't it.

Maybe sellers are buying V2's

CTS VEE8
01-13-11, 09:13 AM
I think alot of them are coming off leases. A couple of other nice '07's available in the Chicago area. I'm about 50 miles west of Chicago in Hinckley and do go down to Indy occasionally. I'll have to see about the meet.

bhendricks
01-13-11, 09:58 AM
I'm a newbie and my 2004 was a fleet car, so maybe your right about the amount of cars coming off of lease. I'm in NW Ohio and Indy is not too far, so I'm thinking I'll try to make the meet.

V-Guy
01-13-11, 11:49 AM
I really hope to see you guys in Indy!!! Let me know if I should put you on the list - we're including "maybes" for now!

And I think both observations are correct - there are a lot of V1s coming on the market now because folks are moving to V2s and V1s are coming off lease. My V is an example of both - it was leased since new, and the original leasee thought about buying it at the end of his lease (especially because of the mods he'd added), but decided to lease a new V2 coupe instead (which I'm real happy about).

JD03Cobra
01-13-11, 12:16 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forums!

(Dang, are there a lot of Vs changing hands right now, or is it just me? We're getting an avalanche of newbies lately.)

This is a good thing! The new owners are all energized and some bring new ideas to the V community which is good for all of us.

repenttokyo
01-13-11, 04:19 PM

This is a good thing! The new owners are all energized and some bring new ideas to the V community which is good for all of us.

I agree :)

rand49er
01-13-11, 04:21 PM

This is a good thing! The new owners are all energized and some bring new ideas to the V community which is good for all of us.Yeah, they're not coming from that bunch of stuffy-snooty-first-owner-too-hoity-toity-to-be-on-a-forum group with their noses in the air. :halo:

k61kgsxr
01-17-11, 01:37 PM
Welcome dude, I bought a Thunder Gray 07 back in Nov. I still haven't seen with my own eyes yet. (Currently deployed but I get home in a few weeks!!!)