Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New here!!

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  bhendricks 
#1 ·
hello everybody i'm a newbie here. i just bought a 04 cts-v with 74K on it. Its black on black. so far i love the car been reading about some of the problems that the 04s have and so far i loose coolant very slowly and my driver seat heater doesn't work. i know about the coolant but the heater idk about when you hit the button the light on the hvac doesn't even come on??
My car i upgraded from was a 04 Saturn ion redline which i put way to much money in to lol. but i needed a 4 door and i wanted a v8 :)

thanks hopefully i can learn a lot here and keep and make my V nice.

#3 ·
Dsm?

#9 ·
Heated seats are sooo nice. I only need to have mine on a few minutes.

Never heard of this problem on the V, but I had it on my Seville. Search their section for detailed info. On mine the heating element was broken (basically a wire in the seat cushion). I knew this because when I hit the button I would hear it click on, then click right off.
If this is your problem, the hardest part of the fix will be taking the seat cover off. You should be able to see the problem right away.
Hope this helps

Tony

#15 ·
X2

Welcome.

#11 ·
Welcome.

There is (or should be) a small black wire with a white connector coming out of the bottom right rear of the seat cushion..and connects right there to the upper cushion. same connector type. .. The exact placement can move if someone has removed the (bottom) seat cushion's cover. I guess it could be under the cover too... Its easy to forget to fish it through the hole when you reinstall.
If you feel a slight crunching when you wiggle or when getting in and out, that's the seat spring and it could be trapped inside there.
Otherwise you may be able to just reconnect it if they are both visible. You may have to remove the 2 rear seat bolts to lift the seat up and fish out the connecting wire or even connect the main power plug, if that's the issue
I think there's 4 bundles that connect to the driver seat. Not sure if one controls power to all seat functions.. Does the normal power function work?
Check the simple fix first..

#12 ·
Hey, from one newbie to another - welcome!!

#16 ·
that x3

#18 ·
I'm learning that these forums are half the problem. When I bought my 04 I didn't want to spend anything else, thought the car was cherry. After reading the threads out here, I have a laundry list of items.

Smoke lights
GForce axle
CheaTR cam
Headers
HID fogs
Clear fogs and front turns
LED for all inside and out except headlights

Gonna shoot for the low hanging fruit, deleted mufflers already and lights are next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.