: Anyone solve the fuel pumping issue on the 2010 SRX

rreuben
01-10-11, 09:00 PM
Has anyone had a fix applied to their fuel inlet to fix the pumping issue I see several folks reporting on the 2010 SRX?

Couldn't find a thread on this forum verifying an official fix for the issue wherein the fuel dispenser has to be held at a specific angle to allow the tank to fill, thereby preventing the convenience of 'set it and forget it until it stops automatically' filling.

My first 2010 SRX had this issue, but with lesser number of pumps. Got worse with my 2nd 2010 SRX; lemon exchange in case you are wondering :)

stealth97
01-10-11, 10:57 PM
I'm curious too. It's very annoying!

Ponyman
01-10-11, 11:34 PM
Ours has no fuel pumping issue. Takes fuel as fast as the pump will deliver it.

algiorda
01-11-11, 08:08 AM
Same here no issue; I pump until it stops automatically and NEVER top off. I've heard topping off is a bad thing and may cause a filter to clog and create an air restriction if you over-fill. I don't know how true that is, but I don't do it and and do not have any problems at all with filling my tank.

TheCaptain
01-12-11, 11:05 AM
Ours has no fuel pumping issue. Takes fuel as fast as the pump will deliver it.

I'm in this boat too. :D

GMJim
01-12-11, 12:08 PM
Same here. no prob. But I can imagine it would be frustrating.

2010blksrx
01-13-11, 01:09 AM
Rreuben, I've been in contact w/GM regarding this issue. They are aware of it and is working on a fix, I'm told. However, I'm experiencing other problems with my 2010 srx, and am considering the LEmon Law. Any tips on increasing my chances of success? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Smokin' SRX
01-13-11, 09:10 PM
Same here no issue; I pump until it stops automatically and NEVER top off. I've heard topping off is a bad thing and may cause a filter to clog and create an air restriction if you over-fill. I don't know how true that is, but I don't do it and and do not have any problems at all with filling my tank.

No pumping issues here either, but you are correct. Do Not top off on most new cars. An air line fills on fuel feedback system and causes emission/Check lite issues......

SS

rdfrahm
01-14-11, 11:18 PM
I've had no pumping problems except in California. I live in Iowa and am just returning from a 4 week driving tour to the south and west. When I was in California I had all sorts of trouble making the pump run at anything approaching normal speed. I think there is a rubber boot on the nozzle that needs to form a seal on the inlet before it is allowed to pump properly.

Rich

stevebaker
01-16-11, 01:18 AM
Intereseting the comment re: California pumps. I live in norCal and I bet about 1 or 2 pumps out of 10 will work correctly with the SRX. It's a hassle because I try to organize my fill-ups around the gas stations that have the "right" pumps... whatever that means...

:)

cz9h3d
01-19-11, 12:33 PM
There is a replacement fuel fill pipe to correct this issue in certain states (California being one of them). You just need to make sure your dealer orders the new pipe vs. replacing it with the same one. I'll see if I can find a part number or service bulletin.

cz9h3d
01-19-11, 02:59 PM
PN 22742093 is the new service part to fix vehicles that have this issue in impacted states. I'm told the service pipeline is just filling up with these parts, but it's going on production vehicles. As I mentioned previously, care needs to be taken to ensure the dealer doesn't order the old part (which is the same one your vehicle was likely built with).

Service bulletin hasn't been issued yet - waiting until they get enough service parts into stock.