: 2007 DTS limo with "heavy duty" 8 lug wheels & wheel bearing problems

limoman
01-10-11, 08:49 PM
I own a 2007 DTS limousine. This heavy vehicle goes thru front wheel bearings every 65k miles. GM charges $1000 for these 8 lug wheel bearing and hub assemblies plus installation. My question or request is to find out if anybody knows if this hub assembly is actually the same as offered in some suburbans or other trucks in the GM line of vehicles? GM will never tell us and at a fraction of the cost, it is well worth investigating further. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Superjim
01-10-11, 09:56 PM
All I can tell you is 8 lug wheels come on the 3/4 ton and 1 ton GM trucks.
Sorry to not be of more help.

Jim

RippyPartsDept
01-10-11, 10:01 PM
i might be able to help you out with a cheaper hub of the same quality (white label basically the same as the OEM)

might... PM me your VIN if you're interested and i'll get back to you

limoman
01-11-11, 06:45 PM
Thanks,

I have also found G&B Distribution out of Michigan but they only sell to wholesalers... But they do list cross-references to several bearing manufacturers so I may try ordering the bearing pack and only replace the entire ass'y if it is incorrect or not swappable...

limoman
01-11-11, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately I am unable to send a PM yet as too new to the forum :(

RippyPartsDept
01-11-11, 06:56 PM
by the way, i looked into the OEM parts (still waiting to hear back from my white label supplier) but the list price on one of these hubs #25678854 is $1595 !!!

ouch

i'll hopefully have good news tomorrow on the white label hubs

(and you need 10 posts to PM, i think)