: Jake Stopped By

Ranger
01-09-11, 11:01 PM
Saw a truck slow down and turn in the drive about 6:00 PM Sunday night. WTF? Who could that be? Answered the door and the young man introduced himself as Jake. What a surprise. He and "Bear", his 10 week old German Shepard were enroute from Ontario to Manitoba. He stayed about 3 hours and we had a nice conversation. Bear seemed to enjoy the attention from my wife and daughter and will probably sleep the rest of the trip. Offered to have him spend the night, but he wanted to make Manitoba by morning. Great guy and it was nice to finally meet him.

Jesda
01-09-11, 11:15 PM
Finally! A face for the man who saves our cars :thumbsup:

RippyPartsDept
01-09-11, 11:25 PM
sweet

ThumperPup
01-09-11, 11:31 PM
yo whats up not u 2 im talking to the dog lol
just kidding

wow Jake stopped by yall must have had some good convos

orconn
01-09-11, 11:51 PM
Glad to see Jake is surviving the Manitoba winter! Congratulations, Jake, on a fine looking GSD!

Is there any further news on the series 5 Seville engine mounts?

ben.gators
01-10-11, 12:36 AM
It is very nice to see a picture of Jake. He is the man who saved a large number of Cadis!

By the way, Jake, not only you are a great mechanic and designer, but also you are a very courageous man too! I personally never ever dare to drive to driveway of a former US Ranger without giving a heads up that I am coming! :D

ga_etc
01-10-11, 01:58 AM
Awesome. Glad to hear things are still progressing with the shop.

ted tcb
01-10-11, 08:37 AM
Note to self .... be nicer to Ranger.

He's one big dude:)

hueterm
01-10-11, 08:58 AM
OMG, that dog is so cute! I need another one, but I'm still recovering from the puppy phase of this one...

Glad you guys got to meet and hope Jake has a safe trip.

Submariner409
01-10-11, 11:19 AM
Hi, Y'all..............Manitoba in January............:gah:

thebigjimsho
01-10-11, 02:32 PM
Oh, puppies! :cloud9:

97EldoCoupe
01-10-11, 03:20 PM
It was great meeting Ranger and his family. Incredibly nice and friendly folks! Bear still misses them :)

Bear is now truck trained, hasn't made a mess in my truck once (well I did have him in a kennel sorta deal to be on the safe side).

Slippery roads, big time. Overturned vehicles. My truck's rear end shifted over a few times so I threw it in 4x and proceeded on. Longer trip than expected but I have a lot to do. I'm only up in Manitoba for a few days and I'll be back in Ontario looking after the 2 remaining customers out there. I haven't slept in over 30 hours and I'm about ready to pass out - if I miss any calls, I will return them first thing in the morning. I do apologize but if I return calls right now all you're going to hear is ZZzzzzzzz.........

Sub - actually it was the coldest -20 degrees Celcius around Madison, Wisconsin, right now it's about -15 degrees celcius here at my place. Frigid! Next time Jim I'm taking the long way around, coming to Maryland to meet you and enjoy the above zero temperatures :), maybe a detour through warm and sunny Florida and then proceed to the shop :D

In all reality the winter hasn't been too bad here in Manitoba yet. Dry cold vs. humid/wet cold. Ontario had -10 the morning I left and that's a very damp cold.

I'll catch up with everything a bit later this evening or in the morning. I just cannot function any longer without some sleep.

Thanks Ranger for the coffee and your hospitality and Bear thanks you for the carrots and snacks! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. You be sure to visit Manitoba sometime soon! If you make it in the spring or summer I'll make sure to barbecue the best damn steaks Canada has to offer!

Ranger
01-10-11, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear you made it back safely. Marilyn and Annette had asked. I didn't think about it until just after you left, that you could not get back on the toll road from where you exited. You can get off 90 westbound at 47, but cannot get on 90 westbound from 47. I didn't have your number so I couldn't call to give you directions, but I guess you figured it out.

Never know Jake, With that P0741 code I just may see you again.

Talked to by buddy and he was not sure if his son Pat would be able to do you any good on those alignment plates, but I haven't talked to Pat yet. Left a message, but he hasn't called back yet. I'll call him again tomorrow.

Destroyer
01-10-11, 10:15 PM
Saw a truck slow down and turn in the drive about 6:00 PM Sunday night. WTF? Who could that be? Answered the door and the young man introduced himself as Jake. What a surprise. He and "Bear", his 10 week old German Shepard were enroute from Ontario to Manitoba. He stayed about 3 hours and we had a nice conversation. Bear seemed to enjoy the attention from my wife and daughter and will probably sleep the rest of the trip. Offered to have him spend the night, but he wanted to make Manitoba by morning. Great guy and it was nice to finally meet him.
How exactly did Jake get your address if you were not expecting him? Either way, it's cool. Jake looks a lot younger than I thought he would and you look a lot older, lol. Everyone is referring to Jake as the one who saves Cadillac's, I give credit to both of you, of course a little more to Jake for actually creating hardware............ :lildevil:

Ranger
01-10-11, 10:45 PM
Jake was going to be in the area last summer on a trip that never happened and I gave him my number and address then with an invitation to stop by.

Mother nature has not been kind to me.

hueterm
01-10-11, 11:03 PM
I love how Ranger and Jake are perfectly in focus, and the dog is a blur...I'm sure he was wiggling like a greased pig trying to get down and run :-)

Ranger
01-10-11, 11:38 PM
Being 10 weeks old he was rather clumsy and did a lot of running through the house. It was rather comical to see him hit the hardwood kitchen floor, slide and fall on his ass. :histeric:

eyekandyboats.inc
01-10-11, 11:47 PM
nice dirty sanchez jake :)

97EldoCoupe
01-11-11, 04:06 AM
Mother nature has not been kind to me.

Very much on the contrary Larry!

Eyekandy- I guess I should have shaved before the trip, I look a mess.

Bear is quite clumsy (and playful!) and my other dog Bandit (shepherd/husky cross) is so jealous, not sure how I'm going to get those two to interact and become friends-

Destroyer; Ranger has contributed an unimaginable amount of time and dedication to these forums. This dedication to help Cadillac owners is equal to or greater than my efforts with the repairs/aftermarket. 41,000+posts! Ranger helped my dad with his '91 SDV about 4-5 years ago, solving the interior lighting issue.

I really need to finish setting up production for the 98+ polyurethane engine mounts.

Time to get another couple hours of sleep and get to work. Lots to do and a short time to get it all done.

Good night all.

97EldoCoupe
01-11-11, 04:13 AM
Eyekandy - now that I actually bothered to research that term, dude that is disgusting. For one thing I'm straight and for two; I repeat. That's disgusting.

eyekandyboats.inc
01-11-11, 07:37 AM
haha!!!! .......ha
you know you laughed.

Ranger
01-11-11, 11:41 AM
Jake, talked to Pat this morning. Can't do any better on the alignment plates. He said it sounds like you already have a pretty good price on them.

97EldoCoupe
01-11-11, 12:03 PM
I had that feeling. Thanks Larry.