: Installing keyless entry on a 91 Brougham . . .

Aron9000
01-09-11, 10:34 PM
How hard of a job is this? I just want it to lock/unlock the doors and pop the trunk. I don't care about flashing the lights/horn or any additional alarm stuff. The less I can hack up the wiring harness, the better.

I am going to have to take off the driver's door panel to replace the latch(broke lock rod), so I figured I might as well ask this and see if its something easy to do while I have the door panel off.

outsider
01-10-11, 12:26 AM
looks pretty easy to me. I was looking into installing a starter and it also had keyless entery stuff. just gatta find the right wires to connect.

Aron9000
01-12-11, 01:54 AM
bump, I know somebody has done this before. I've done some stereo installs, nothing too radical, but I can cut and splice a wire if need be. Rewiring a whole car or replacing a wiring harness is a bit out of my skill set admittedly.

csbuckn
01-12-11, 12:05 PM
I think it's pretty easy. If you have a service manual and a good kit, it would probably take only a couple hours. I would think you run from battery to the unit to lock wire(after switch). Same with the trunk. I don't think you will have any problem installing one.