: exhaust fumes in cabin

pizzajoe
01-09-11, 07:32 PM
2010 DTS - i noticed early on that the cabin had a strong odor of exhaust fumes. i tried turning off the A/C, etc but the odor remained. i did notice, however that this only occurs at slower speeds (street driving). on the freeways, the odor is not present.

it doesn't matter if i'm in a group of cars at a light or simply rolling down the street alone, the odor of exhaust is still present.

anybody with a similar problem or aware of this being an issue with the DTS?

Superjim
01-10-11, 12:04 AM
2010 DTS - i noticed early on that the cabin had a strong odor of exhaust fumes. i tried turning off the A/C, etc but the odor remained. i did notice, however that this only occurs at slower speeds (street driving). on the freeways, the odor is not present.

it doesn't matter if i'm in a group of cars at a light or simply rolling down the street alone, the odor of exhaust is still present.

anybody with a similar problem or aware of this being an issue with the DTS?

I have never before heard of this being a problem with anyone.
I have over 140,000 miles on two different 2006 DTS's and I have never smelled exhaust in the cabin...AT ANY SPEED...

I would be taking it to my dealer ASAP...that can be dangerous to you and anyone else in the car.

Texas Jim

Jesda
01-10-11, 03:42 AM
Be very careful. Fumes will kill you and a fuel leak will cause a fire.

TulsaVic
01-10-11, 01:31 PM
No odors with my 2008, unless I start it up in the garage and let it idle there.

Budda
11-05-13, 12:50 AM
Zombie thread I know...but I just took my new to me 08' DTS back to the dealer for this very problem. I will update when I get it back.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-05-13, 03:59 PM
Zombie thread I know...but I just took my new to me 08' DTS back to the dealer for this very problem. I will update when I get it back.

Hello Budda,

I am sorry to hear that your DTS is experiencing this issue as well. Thank you for keeping us updated. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me. I can also be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG” if you are unable to private message me. I will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

SC2150
11-05-13, 05:09 PM
The EGR is right between the firewall and the engine so its possible you have a leak there, but first I have heard of this as well, and work on these all the time.