: Repost?? New here with a question about my wrecked V

Uncle Jesse
01-08-11, 09:44 PM
Hello.

I started a thread earlier, but it has disappeared so here's a much shorter version. If it got deleted by the mods, please let me know because I never got notified and I didn't see any rules I broke.

My wife crashed her 2004 CTS-V the other day and we need to sell it. It was hit from the right in front of the wheel and would be drivable if the fender was pried away from the tire. The radiator is leaking. It has about 70k miles and is in good shape with some normal exterior wear and tear plus the crash damage.

Is there a market for this car? I don't have time to part it out. It will be paid off in a couple weeks, and we'll have a clean/clear title.

What is it worth? I have pics.

Thanks,
Jesse

Houdini
01-08-11, 09:57 PM
Post pics

heavymetals
01-08-11, 10:34 PM
You started your first posting trying to sell a wrecked car.

Put it in the classifieds please.

rand49er
01-09-11, 07:09 AM
Cleveland-pic-a-part specializes in later model GM performance cars. They pick 'em up at auction, I would guess, so they'd offer you less than a private party would.

Sounds like from the damage you mention and assuming there's no structural damage, your car could be brought back to normal for several thousand bucks (<$10k ?). If so, that would tell me it's worth between $5-10k, but you do have a very limited market.

chtool
01-09-11, 06:10 PM
I have bought 2 wrecks recently, what would you be looking to get for the car? where are you located? could you post pics?

chtool
01-09-11, 06:13 PM
I paid $4500 for the first one (23k) has subframe damage. the second i paid $3800 it was a theft recovery (missing headlights and most of the interior)
I have seen some go for much more on ebay $6000+ it all depends on the damage and title

TroyFleming
01-09-11, 06:46 PM
I paid $4500 for the first one (23k) has subframe damage. the second i paid $3800 it was a theft recovery (missing headlights and most of the interior)
I have seen some go for much more on ebay $6000+ it all depends on the damage and title

I would love to know auction house you baught these at? registered at all the majors and know all V's sold and prices/miles neither of the two largest has sold a V with under 40K miles for a long time. I am sure the import costs took your prices through the roof.

MIAdragon
01-09-11, 09:36 PM
I looked at that theft recovery car, if its the one I was thinking about it was copart somewhere in Canada.

Uncle Jesse
01-13-11, 08:01 PM
You started your first posting trying to sell a wrecked car.

Put it in the classifieds please.

This was not meant to be a sale ad. It's a general inquiry about the possible value of my car so that I know what to list it for when I'm able to sell it in the very near future. It's still in the police impound. I have a few pics if that helps give an idea of the value but I don't see how to post them from my phone. I can email them. If this thread is still unacceptable, just let me know and I'll try to figure out how to move it.

Thanks for the replies.