: Hurricane Jeanne

BeelzeBob
09-25-04, 02:21 AM
Well, here we go again. Hurricane Jeanne is getting stronger and moving faster.. The maximum sustained winds are now 105mph (up 5 mph) with higher gusts.. It's moving at 14mph (up 2mph). Jeanne now has winds only a few mph away from major hurricane status - Category 3 - which is stronger than Frances was when it made landfall..

The storm will likely strengthen some more it makes landfall... We're really in for it again...

Also note.. This is another BIG Hurricane..

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE CENTER... AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 205 MILES FROM THE CENTER...

The 3-day map:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W+GIF/242053W.gif

...and the 5-day map:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W5+GIF/242053W5.gif

Slick V
09-25-04, 07:50 AM
I guess just like everything else, they happen in three's.

caddyshack24
09-25-04, 08:09 AM
soo.. wtf is going on out there in the ocean. i jokinly claim its a military project.
havnt seen so many hurricanes in all my life.

FLSurf420
09-25-04, 08:39 AM
what would be even more funnier is if, it hit us spun around AGAIN, then kept hitting us like an endless cycle. now then i would have to blame the military or ALIENS

HotRodSaint
09-25-04, 10:04 AM
Might be a good year to buy some prime beach front Florida real estate. :sneaky:

Seriously, I hope you guys are safe. Personally I prefer living where the ground might shake violently, crack open and swallow me. Like maybe the Mid-west! ;)

Vesicant
09-25-04, 10:09 AM
Weeeeeeeeee :hide: :D

Stoneage_Caddy
09-25-04, 11:29 AM
this one tho made a complete circle in the bermuda triangle , so maybe a few of thos eplanes we lost there will wash up with the strom surge

Military project ?

Alien life forms ?

anythings possible , im going back to wallpapering my room with alumium foil so the government will stop sending messages to that mirochip they implatend in me dureing one of my flu shots

BeelzeBob
09-25-04, 12:05 PM
Winds are up to 115 and it's still got room to strengthen.. This is now an official Category 3 (a major hurricane)...

Stoneage_Caddy
09-25-04, 12:09 PM
you gonna evac dude ?

Vesicant
09-25-04, 12:51 PM
If only Jacksonville wasnt in such a good spot to ride out hurricanes ...

Stoneage_Caddy
09-25-04, 01:44 PM
just wondering bout sal , he lives in that area where it might make landfall

Slick V
09-25-04, 04:52 PM
I think we might just get lucky down here, looks like its going more north.

ShadowLvr400
09-25-04, 05:19 PM
I refuse to go anywhere. And too tired to board up. F it.

ben72227
09-25-04, 08:22 PM
I wonder how many people are gonna leave Florida for good because they've become so disheartened about living in Huricane Florida? :hmm:

majax
09-25-04, 09:33 PM
My state does nothing but get about 5-20 degrees in the winter and thats the northern part where I live. :p I'm not trying to brag :halo:

hope you all are gona be okay(those who live in the path).

ben72227
09-25-04, 10:44 PM
northern idaho. hah. just make sure you watch out for the skinheads :sneaky:

Msilva954
09-25-04, 10:44 PM
Not too bad here cept my window shutter is getting bashed with wind.....it gets really annoying and old quick...plus its so damn dark in the house.....walk outside and hundreds of baby frogs are everywhere.....maybe there wont be school monday :)

majax
09-25-04, 11:24 PM
northern idaho. hah. just make sure you watch out for the skinheads :sneaky:

The Arian Nations is/was only In Couer d' Alene. I live further south.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-26-04, 09:20 AM
well at least this time they addmited the storm center didnt know where it was going ...

Its headed right towards my house , 50 miles from us so far , but well only get 70mph winds by the time it gets here ...

But damn is it windy , my car is rockin out in the driveway

ShadowLvr400
09-26-04, 09:58 AM
Runnin to the SW of me. Pretty breezy and rainy, but not too bad.

PurpleDeville
09-26-04, 10:46 AM
this sucks! i am so damn sick of these hurricanes ruining my weekends! LOL not like i can make it go away. i havent lost power yet, so i have been on the net for as long as i can :) before i get REALLY bored.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-26-04, 04:04 PM
tell me bout it , havent gotten to ride the bike in weeks , been months since a meet at countryside for a bunch of us to ride ....

All ive been able to do is start it on its stand and let it idle till it gets some temp in it , them its shut off covered up and back in the garage ...

But thats ok i guess , wish this all coulda waited till i order all the parts to do a new engine for the NOS setup ...woulda had something to do while the hurricanes tryed to do there worst .....

ShadowLvr400
09-26-04, 05:15 PM
Still here, looks like I MIGHT have damage to my RF cornering lamp. Car is standing in about 4 inches of water, but it rides high enough that it's still safe. But, I'm ok.

barge master
09-26-04, 10:20 PM
That stuff's gotta be getting old quick down there. It's funny, just the other day I got my hands on an old picture book published in 1938, immediately after a hurricane had kicked the crap out of New England. All the old mill towns up here built right along rivers got flooded under waist high water. Worst part is, up here people didn't get all winter to walk around in t-shirts and rebuild. Hope you guys are finally done for the year. You'll feel better when you read my all time rant and snivel post when the first snow and cold hits us up here in the land of grey and dark.

davesdeville
09-26-04, 11:27 PM
95* in summer, 45* in winter, Albuquerque isn't too bad. 72 today with a light breeze.

dirty-red
09-27-04, 06:31 AM
that's crazy and i am about to move to tampa in a month and a 1/2

barge master
09-27-04, 07:50 AM
95* in summer, 45* in winter, Albuquerque isn't too bad. 72 today with a light breeze.
I've got friends who moved out toward Phoenix a while ago, and when I went to see them I liked the lack of snow. The winter shutdown of life up here is something it's getting harder to swallow every year. I think I've finally convinced my wife to take the plunge and make a move to somewhere different. I get really depressed this time of year when summer comes to an end.

PurpleDeville
09-27-04, 09:46 AM
so everyone we made it through yet another stupid hurricane! our electric kept going on and off, but for the most part it was on! we got so pissed thought cause it went off right before the bucs and raiders game! big football fans over this way ;) but it came back on right before kick off! thank goodness! besides that everything was pretty good. how did everyone else make out?

Vesicant
09-27-04, 09:53 AM
Discovered something in the roof is leaking , causing 4 seperate hariline cracks to show up in the ceiling and leak through (new house), but other than that the electricity only went off 3 times and came back on each and everytime it went off.

ShadowLvr400
09-27-04, 09:58 AM
Front yard is about 4 inches of water. The ants are funny to see, climbing on top of each other. :) Car is just fine. No damage at all.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-27-04, 10:42 PM
so everyone we made it through yet another stupid hurricane! our electric kept going on and off, but for the most part it was on! we got so pissed thought cause it went off right before the bucs and raiders game! big football fans over this way ;) but it came back on right before kick off! thank goodness! besides that everything was pretty good. how did everyone else make out?

you know over here i think i wished the power was off for that , man that game hurt this old bucs fan

Slick V
09-28-04, 12:36 AM
Just some more knocked down trees down here.

Daniel Almestica
09-28-04, 10:50 AM
peopel down south always talking about how great it is and much better the peopel are. well their is no place like ny all we have to worrier about is bombs. just having some fun, hope all of fl is doing fine!

Daniel Almestica
09-28-04, 10:53 AM
are you crazy are like to rebuild every year!

that's crazy and i am about to move to tampa in a month and a 1/2

Stoneage_Caddy
09-28-04, 12:32 PM
I think i lost my job ......drove by yesterday and the building didnt look right , we were in the process of haveing a new roof put on ....still nothing there today ......

Guess i need to brush up on how to operate the Macdonalds Fry Machine .......23 and working at macdonalds thatll attract the ladys .....Stupid ASE is takeing there time redoing my Automotive Service Credentials ......

orange
09-28-04, 01:02 PM
peopel down south always talking about how great it is and much better the peopel are. well their is no place like ny all we have to worrier about is bombs. just having some fun, hope all of fl is doing fine!

well yoo just aint thinkin far enough south there lol.. things are pretty calm here in the southern hemisphere :p

all we gotta worry about is hail in this city... hail the size of...well a 1/8" at most lol shit only stings a lil hehe.... :D

still... this is always a thought lol
http://images.thedilly.com/material/GODvsBUSH.gif

lol.. it's a bit out-dated now, but who knows?! maybe he's right?! lol :yup:

PurpleDeville
09-28-04, 01:03 PM
OH MY GOSH! that will suck so bad! when i came into work yesterday we hav no roof in the area we have everyone dump at. it's just all twisted up beams and such but no roof! bu we can still run since we are only a dump :p that is really shitty for you though, sorry to hear that! :(

Stoneage_Caddy
09-28-04, 01:08 PM
Business must be good for you guys !!!!

Well see what happens to my work , but if it does have extensive damage itll be awhile before we get going again so ill just have to find temporary work....Beging fed by a major US corporation has its perks ....

Port Richey/New Port Richey got far worse than we did in land o lakes , was out there yesterday moving the grandparents back into there home after they were evacuated , luckily there home came out fine.....

PurpleDeville
09-28-04, 02:04 PM
we are busy??? that isnt even the word! we have had a line out here all the way to the corner of ridge road to get in here to dump and that is no exageration! it is just nuts. i have been out there directing traffic cause these guys think they can just go where ever the heck they want! it's so nutty here today! they just dont understand that we have to follow the famous rules of the DEP and if they come in and these guys are dumping outside of the building we will be closed!