: Anyone get a letter form Cadillac about a Steering Noise recently.

mrdci
01-06-11, 09:43 PM
I took my wifes SRX in recently for a slow speed noise in the steering. They of course didnt drive it and couldn't replicate it. I got a letter when I got back from the Holidays about it but now I can't find the letter and the dealer has no clue what I am talking about. So figured I'd post and see if anyone else got something. I tried the search but its useless. Thanks.

MarioA
01-06-11, 10:12 PM
I did get a letter on a steering issue, not sure if pertains to what you are asking, but I thought I would post it.

TheCaptain
01-08-11, 06:29 AM
I got the same one as Mario.

Ponyman
01-08-11, 10:31 AM
Same letter I got for my power steering hose recall

smiley47
01-08-11, 02:02 PM
I have an appointment to get mine replaced next week. They're saying it's at least a 2+ hour job because the engine area has to cool down enough for safe access without the tech getting burned.

qball
01-16-11, 11:56 AM
Just took our 2010 in last week for this. We were bringing it in for the power steering hose recall and I noticed a grinding noise when you turn the steering wheel at low speed (this happened once before and went away). It took two days , but they ended up cleaning and lubricating the upper bushings on the front tower struts. The noise is gone...we will see how long it lasts. This is not the same issue as the recall.

01-01-14, 02:38 PM
GM has not got it fixed right. Mine puked in the parking lot and will be towed out to the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed. This is the third time for this BS.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-07-14, 02:51 PM
GM has not got it fixed right. Mine puked in the parking lot and will be towed out to the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed. This is the third time for this BS.
Hello 463,

I apologize that your vehicle your vehicle experienced this concern again. Do you have any updates on the repair of your SRX?

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

01-08-14, 11:48 AM
Thanks Gregory W.
The repair has been completed.
I looked around the dealer lot and notice at least six 2010 -13 Cadillac SRX's sitting in the service area counting mine, so while picking mine up I was talking with the service Manager and he told me that there was still four out there to be fixed for the same problem the power steering hose blow off / leak.
So I went over to the GM parts counter person to see if Cadillac has made a revision or update to correct this problem and from what I see it's still the same part # same hose. I also went on line looking to see if the aftermarket had a solution and had no luck.
So in about a year to a year and a half I fully expect a forth hose failure again.
Cadillac revisions, engineering, design department needs to notified to have a modified or redesign of this part.
My question to you Greg W. Is this with in your scope to forward to the proper persons to be looked at?
Thanks for your time in this matter. T. Anderson

Hello 463,

I apologize that your vehicle your vehicle experienced this concern again. Do you have any updates on the repair of your SRX?

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-12-14, 01:33 PM
Thanks Gregory W.
The repair has been completed.
I looked around the dealer lot and notice at least six 2010 -13 Cadillac SRX's sitting in the service area counting mine, so while picking mine up I was talking with the service Manager and he told me that there was still four out there to be fixed for the same problem the power steering hose blow off / leak.
So I went over to the GM parts counter person to see if Cadillac has made a revision or update to correct this problem and from what I see it's still the same part # same hose. I also went on line looking to see if the aftermarket had a solution and had no luck.
So in about a year to a year and a half I fully expect a forth hose failure again.
Cadillac revisions, engineering, design department needs to notified to have a modified or redesign of this part.
My question to you Greg W. Is this with in your scope to forward to the proper persons to be looked at?
Thanks for your time in this matter. T. Anderson

Hello T.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to keep me updated. I will definitely pass along your experience regarding this concern with the power steering hose and your feedback regarding that there needs to be a redesign of the part. If you experience the concern again, I would suggest reaching out to our Customer Care team in Canada as our teams’ files we create and documentation assist in locating these concerns. I hope your SRX is working to your satisfaction now. Please let me know if you need our Canadian Care team’s contact info at all.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care