: Air Filter

mjv53
01-06-11, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone with the 2.8 turbo has put a K&N air filter in and noticed any improvement in performance or gas mileage?

Smokin' SRX
01-13-11, 09:45 PM
Don't do it. I read a few links that some Turbo X's have stalled out and Dealer found oil (part of the dirt catching methodology that K&N uses on their filter element) on the Mass Air Sensor. Non-covered warranty...........expensive part to replace.

I've used K&N myself on a few cars over a decade, w/o any problems, and did see a TINY bit of mileage/power improvement. (judged by seat-of-pants dynometer!) Not enough o risk it again however.

Maybe they over-oiled the element? Don't know. Now I just change my OE filter at 15-20K miles (way ahead of GM recco) and feel safe.

JIMHO

SS

Razorecko
01-14-11, 10:41 AM
I was thinking about this also but on my 09 V the k&n really did a number on my maf and screwed up my air/fuel ratio until I cleaned it. I dont see any benefit really at this moment from going to an oiled filter. I would like to see a nice cai kit for the 2.8L but that probally wont happen since we are a 1.5yr wonder