: Rough Transmission Shifts

06BlackonBlackCTSV
01-06-11, 10:44 AM
Every time I shift, I get a clunky feel from the shifter :hmm:. It kinda feels like I'm not pushing the clutch in all the way when I shift, but I made sure I was. I have taken a couple friends for rides and they can feel it too. I have an LS7 clutch, and Lindsay just did work on my reverse, 5th and 6th gears. But I am still having those same problems, and it happens with every gear. Is there anyway I can get it to feel smoother?

Andringa
01-06-11, 12:42 PM
Has it been like this since you got the LS7 clutch in, or is this something new? How long have you had the LS7 clutch? Some people suggest bleeding the clutch fluid 500 miles after installing a new clutch. I can't explain why, just repeating what I have read on this site.

06BlackonBlackCTSV
01-06-11, 12:50 PM
I got it done about a year ago, but it was happening before the LS7 clutch. So I don't think it is that. You can actually feel it when sitting in the car when shifting gears. Its not loud or anything it just feels rough when shifting.

Houdini
01-06-11, 12:56 PM
Mine is starting to do that again but only when shifting to 2nd and 3rd. It's not to the point of a grind yet but i have to use more force and it kinda jolts into gear and isn't smooth at all. I had this problem early last year and a dealership noticed my motor mounts had totally failed. When I got the replacements in I couldn't believe how much smoother it shifted; however, that didn't last long. I've done clutch bleeds and trans fluid change to amsoil and that helped things overall but I'm starting to think my synchros are going bad in 2nd and 3rd or something. I guess my 'newer' oem motor mounts could be going bad again....sigh.

I want to get this fixed before I install PISNUOFF's modified shifter; otherwise, a dealership might try to pull some BS and say that it is my shifter causing the problem.

06BlackonBlackCTSV
01-06-11, 01:03 PM
Mine is starting to do that again but only when shifting to 2nd and 3rd. It's not to the point of a grind yet but i have to use more force and it kinda jolts into gear and isn't smooth at all. I had this problem early last year and a dealership noticed my motor mounts had totally failed. When I got the replacements in I couldn't believe how much smoother it shifted; however, that didn't last long. I've done clutch bleeds and trans fluid change to amsoil and that helped things overall but I'm starting to think my synchros are going bad in 2nd and 3rd or something. I guess my 'newer' oem motor mounts could be going bad again....sigh.

I want to get this fixed before I install PISNUOFF's modified shifter; otherwise, a dealership might try to pull some BS and say that it is my shifter causing the problem.

Mine was doing that before I took it to the dealership (reverse was so bad I couldnt get it into gear 75% of the time), they also replaced my motor mounts and synchros. Now it goes into gear without any force involved, but just has a weird feel to it. Thanks for the replies.

darkman
01-06-11, 01:51 PM
Just the usual reminder - the first item on the GM Troubleshooting Chart for any symptiom related to the operation of the transmission is to flush and bleed the clutch hydraulics.