: malware threats in ads on this site?

e6t
01-05-11, 10:23 AM
my virus scanning software is detecting HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen from one of the ads that load with this site.

is anyone else experiencing the same?

PhxTriode
01-05-11, 10:29 AM
Yep same here. Kinda upset with a paid membership at the amount of ads (time to load page) and now this

Caddyscat
01-05-11, 10:37 AM
it's getting pretty ridiculous. A popup that follows your mouse around. May I ask what security software you guys are using? I feel as though I need something new. Thanks.

neuronbob
01-05-11, 12:09 PM
Nothing significant on MacOS X/Safari/Little Snitch. If something asks for access to my machine from the site, I click "deny" and it's over.

markrn
01-05-11, 01:25 PM
If your windows i would switch to firefox and use ad block plus. Then type in *adbull* and thsat will knock out that cursor ad.

wait4me
01-05-11, 02:34 PM
Adbull.com can be added in windows as well in explorer, just go to internet options, then go security, then restricted sites and add that to the list. It worked for me

Florian
01-05-11, 02:50 PM
no problem w/Firefox and noscript.

F

DrumStix
01-05-11, 03:19 PM
Add these filters too.

||cadillacforums.com/images/skyscrapers/*

||adshuffle.com

||admonkey.dapper.net^

||ds.serving-sys.com^

I wonder if they will make this a sticky. :)

JimmyH
01-05-11, 04:22 PM
I have no problem with Firefox, plain-jane, no blockers, no addons, no anti-virus, no anti-malware, no nothing.

I think the problem some people have is they have so much anti-whatever running on their computers, the data flowing through it is like molasses.

I have been running unprotected for years now, and I still have yet to ever get a virus or malware.

If you guys are getting reported infections, you are just one of millions of users out there dealing with false positives.

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 04:35 PM
Yep same here. Kinda upset with a paid membership at the amount of ads (time to load page) and now this

i would suport the forums and pay for a membership but these are the reasons i wont
because i have to pay even more to get no adds and faster loading that sucks
way to show priority lol
i think maybe they could be smart enought ot think of other ways

IRONDOG
01-05-11, 07:08 PM
i would suport the forums and pay for a membership but these are the reasons i wont
because i have to pay even more to get no adds and faster loading that sucks
way to show priority lol
i think maybe they could be smart enought ot think of other ways

This is the only website I know where this crap goes on! They should be ashamed.

JimmyH
01-05-11, 08:21 PM
I hate to sound like a jerk, but there is a very simple solution to your problems. This is not a website for industry or promotion. It's a website for leisure. If 5% of the people who frequent this forum kicked a little into the kitty, Sal would likely not need the ads or sponsors. Websites cost money. Bandwidth costs even more.

Rolex
01-05-11, 09:11 PM
This is the only website I know where this crap goes on! They should be ashamed.

It's been said before that Cadillac doesn't garner enough aftermarket support from vendors to cover operating cost of this domain. To offset costs the site owner utilizes advertisers. This website, it's information, and it's entertainment are brought to you at no cost if you choose not to contribute financially. But IMO you've got some kind of nerve condemning this place when you've been a member for over two years and don't put in a dime.

Someone should be ashamed indeed.

Support the site or don't, that's each individuals choice. But complaining when this place is free to you is piss poor IMB.

JimmyH
01-05-11, 11:23 PM
^word

Submariner409
01-07-11, 09:21 AM
No site speed or ad problems with Firefox, XP/SP3, Trend Micro Titanium on this laptop or the upstairs generic tower PC. Occasional slow post of a thread reply with attachment upload.

BUT if I don't log in and instead surf the cadillacforums.com generic site, then yes, there are quite a few ads and banners.

dkozloski
01-07-11, 12:14 PM
Plain Jane Win 7 , IE8, and Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and I have no problems.

My grand kids complain about stuff like this so I have to scrub their PC and remove all the crap toolbars and every add-on do nothing crap program they polute their machine with and everything comes back to life.