Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bad Rotors?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SRTTOCTSV 
#1 ·
Well just got my car back from the dealer. I was having a weird sound/vibration which after 1 month of visits they figured out that I had bad motors mounts. What a difference good mounts do. so I still have a vibration in the steering wheel and I purchased the tires about a month and half ago. Tires have been road forced balanced twice. My question is can rotors cause a vibration in the steering wheel around 65 up? If anyone has any other ideas please reply with your thoughts.

Thanks
Keith

G
#3 ·
This vibration has been chased many times. Whenever I get it, I balance my tires and it goes away. Sometimes it just won't go away until the tires are changed. Also, mine does it every morning until the tires warm up.

#4 ·
:hmm: A month of visits?? I guess that shop does not see alot of Vs.
What year is your car and how many miles on it?
What brand/style tires?
How many wheel weights on each wheel to balance each tire/wheel?
Got any tiny stones stuck in any of the tread or siping?
Have the rotors ever been cut or checked for 'trueness' ?
Has the car ever had wheel alignment?
Did you get an itemized list of the shops work to see what has been checked?
Inquiring minds need to know . . :bonkers:
-------------------------------:helpless:

#5 ·
"A month of visits?? I guess that shop does not see alot of Vs.
What year is your car and how many miles on it?
What brand/style tires?
How many wheel weights on each wheel to balance each tire/wheel?
Got any tiny stones stuck in any of the tread or siping?
Have the rotors ever been cut or checked for 'trueness' ?
Has the car ever had wheel alignment?
Did you get an itemized list of the shops work to see what has been checked?
Inquiring minds need to know"

really Ive been to the dealership a total of 7 times since I purchased her.
Its an 05 with 58k, tires are kumo platinum all season as for how many weights I have no clue, rotors never been checked just got the car and trying to find these damn vibrations. no on the alignment and no to the itemized checked items. It had a check buy the dealership when she was put on the lot. Usually I find the problems with it when I'm getting my oil changed (rear trans seal and high pressure line on power steering) are my latest find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.